1.6 Update Anyone know when 1.6 will come out for switch, or at least a idea?

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I believe part of the reason we don't have a concrete release date is that the developer doesn't want to promise a date that then turns out to be unrealistic due to unforeseen complications. He doesn't want the porting process rushed, which would cause it to be released with avoidable bugs, or have to repeatedly announce later and later dates. This is not the industry standard, but it just shows how messed up it is to promise things on inflexible schedules.

I'm happy to wait as a result. I'm still enjoying the game cuddled up in bed with a sleepy bunny. And, of course, the wait lets me read up on all the new stuff so I don't get anxiety from not knowing what to do.
I’m just glad he said flat out his next game won’t be on mobile. We wait a year or more and still bugs galore. His console team is much better so I’m sure it will be great once you get it.

Odin

Staff member
His console team is much better so I’m sure it will be great once you get it.
It's actually the same company that handles the console and mobile ports at this point! What I will say is that 1.5 was the first time that team worked on Stardew for mobile, and console and mobile are very different platforms.

KailaKai

Greenhorn
This weekend marks 53 days (the time it took from PC to consoles with v1.5) and I’m crossing my fingers but not holding my breath lol. Excited to eventually play but I know it’s worth the wait.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Spoilers are the worst part of waiting for a game update on a different platform. I think the only big consolation will be that the bugs are being worked out on the PC version first so you won't need to deal with them. Of course there are the bugs introduced by porting to a different platform but fixing one type of bug at a time instead of 2 should make things work better. Crossing fingers!

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
A message from ConcernedApe about the console and mobile ports:
It’s the same message almost. By the time it’s on mobile 1.7 will be out on PC again lol.

Seriously though, my husband being in IT I do understand it’s out of his hands and I’m so glad he was honest about his next game not being on mobile and up in the air about console. I think he’s just got too much on his plate for a one man band. It’s not his fault. I’m glad he still cares to try for us, but I think he’s going to put himself in an early grave. Not a healthy way to live. It’s ok if he needs to let go of the other platforms. Most of us would understand completely his overall health and well being is most important. IT persons are worked too hard around the clock. Tell him to take a break and take care of his self and his coworkers on other platforms first. We can wait.

ETA if you buy the game on steam, have a pc even an older one, you can play 1.6 on mobile device as long as your in the same room. You don’t have to be tethered to a pc. This is what I have been doing. You can’t have large mods on it but my iPad is even running two very small mods through steam mobile. Take that Apple lol! 😂

Last edited:

stardewww_fan

Newcomer
It’s the same message almost. By the time it’s on mobile 1.7 will be out on PC again lol.

Seriously though, my husband being in IT I do understand it’s out of his hands and I’m so glad he was honest about his next game not being on mobile and up in the air about console. I think he’s just got too much on his plate for a one man band. It’s not his fault. I’m glad he still cares to try for us, but I think he’s going to put himself in an early grave. Not a healthy way to live. It’s ok if he needs to let go of the other platforms. Most of us would understand completely his overall health and well being is most important. IT persons are worked too hard around the clock. Tell him to take a break and take care of his self and his coworkers on other platforms first. We can wait.

ETA if you buy the game on steam, have a pc even an older one, you can play 1.6 on mobile device as long as your in the same room. You don’t have to be tethered to a pc. This is what I have been doing. You can’t have large mods on it but my iPad is even running two very small mods through steam mobile. Take that Apple lol! 😂

I don't believe he ever made any statement that Chocolatier would or wouldn't be on mobile and console, just that he can't guarantee it anywhere other than PC and he would like to have it available for as many people as possible. I wouldn't infer too much from that.

Again, we don't care what your husband does for a living. You sound like a military wife LOL. Everyone knows that coding and development is difficult work, nobody is denying that. But we also are allowed to feel impatient, annoyed, and anxious in our waiting for updates. You aren't allowed to stomp on that just because you don't like to see it. Have some empathy.

stardewww_fan

Newcomer
Oh, and added to what I said- Eric Barone AKA ConcernedApe is not a "one man band". Even as far back as 1.4, he has a small team he works with on the PC version and he outsources the console and mobile ports to a professional game porting company. Please stop spreading the lies that he is a solo dev, because he simply is not.

Honestly I'm a little upsettie just since I keep seeing things everywhere about the update, one time the game did need updating but not actually for the update and I got too excited too quick and I'm a bit bummed I'm still stuck being without the update