1.6 Update Anyone know when 1.6 will come out for switch, or at least a idea?

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I believe part of the reason we don't have a concrete release date is that the developer doesn't want to promise a date that then turns out to be unrealistic due to unforeseen complications. He doesn't want the porting process rushed, which would cause it to be released with avoidable bugs, or have to repeatedly announce later and later dates. This is not the industry standard, but it just shows how messed up it is to promise things on inflexible schedules.

I'm happy to wait as a result. I'm still enjoying the game cuddled up in bed with a sleepy bunny. And, of course, the wait lets me read up on all the new stuff so I don't get anxiety from not knowing what to do.
I’m just glad he said flat out his next game won’t be on mobile. We wait a year or more and still bugs galore. His console team is much better so I’m sure it will be great once you get it.

Odin

Staff member
His console team is much better so I’m sure it will be great once you get it.
It's actually the same company that handles the console and mobile ports at this point! What I will say is that 1.5 was the first time that team worked on Stardew for mobile, and console and mobile are very different platforms.

KailaKai

Newcomer
This weekend marks 53 days (the time it took from PC to consoles with v1.5) and I’m crossing my fingers but not holding my breath lol. Excited to eventually play but I know it’s worth the wait.