Anyone else an Alex fan???

Bawby

Planter
Like pretty much every other villager, he's cool once you get to know him. Gotta admire his drive towards his dream and
His maturity when realizing he could not attain his goal.

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Alex and Shane were the first two characters my Sim -- err, my farmer -- befriended. I was disappointed to learn (via youtube video) that he doesn't grow as a character if he's married. (My farmer evidently likes being verbally abused....I'm also having him try to win over Haley.)

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
Mostly. He and Shane were the first two my farmer befriended, and if he wasn't so single-mindedly obsessed on being an athlete I might have tried to date him. Right now my farmer is wooing both Penny and Abigail instead.

nicodeux

Farmer
Alex is one of the bachelor I like the least, though I admit that his story line and character development are very interesting.
I guess my feelings rely on the fact Alex is quite the opposite of my own personality. But I think that in one of my farms I will nonetheless marry him and that this will happen before I marry Eliott.

StardewNiblet

Greenhorn
I can agree that people overlook him and don't end up actually getting to know him, but he's kinda boring after marriage in my opinion. (I'm reffering to him just quitting football even though hes been playing it for so long and it's been his lifelong dream.)

nicodeux

Farmer
To be fair, many bachelors/bachelorettes have a less interesting personality once married and seem to withdraw from their previous ambitions (Alex, Maru, Sam...).
They can still have good or funny dialogs though.

Honeywell

Sodbuster
I think CA did Alex wrong by having him give up on his dream without even trying. He had talent in highschool and is disciplined with conditioning. He could have at least gotten the chance to tryout for the Tunnlers, been denied the opportunity or something other than him just giving up out of the blue. I like Alex.

Alex, Haley, and Sebastian have the most character growth as you go from 0-8 hearts, imo. Them, along with Willy and Gus, are my favorite NPCs in the game.
And, of course, the dwarf deciding that you're more trustworthy than other humans due solely to your mining skills. :laugh: