Additions to marriage and children.

Topgunmommy

Newcomer
I know this is an old post but I would love this. I wouldn't want my character to grow old. Nor would I want the kids to grow old. But for the kids to age to teen would be nice. Even if in a mod, this would be a beautiful addition.
I would love to see all these additions to the game. I have been experimenting with the children and growing them to NPC, but have run into several glitches.
With CHILDTONPC the children DISSAPPEAR from the relationship list once they reach the NPC age.
Also the mod only works with 2 children and crashes when you try to save if you have a third child reach NPC age. It would be great if we could have a house full of teenagers.

I have the MULTIPLE SPOUSES MOD, which allows you to have several children as well, I currently have 9 infants and toddlers in my house.
The shire in the witches hut only allows you to delete ALL CHILDREN at once, so you cant pick and choose to get rid of only one or two. Once the child reaches NPC age, the shrine does not recognize them as children, and wont delete them.
If we had the option of letting divorced spouses take their children with them, that would help as well. I managed to marry all 17 spouses (yes, I had 17 spouses in the house at once) in the first year, and have since divorced 9 of them, but I had to keep all the babies.
The multiple spouses went around the house kissing each other constantly (regardless of sex), and fooling around in bed together in the middle of the day. So how do I know if I'm the biological parent of all these kids??? lol. What if we gave the multiple spouses the option of having kids without the Farmer??

PerpetualGamer

Greenhorn
Update: I've removed Child Age Up and moved on to Unique Children and Unique Children talk. I can talk to my "older" children, which is nice. They don't go to school or into town but at least they're talking to me. (And I have 6 toddlers now who can talk.) :)

I would love to see all these additions to the game. I have been experimenting with the children and growing them to NPC, but have run into several glitches.
With CHILDTONPC the children DISSAPPEAR from the relationship list once they reach the NPC age.
Also the mod only works with 2 children and crashes when you try to save if you have a third child reach NPC age. It would be great if we could have a house full of teenagers.

I have the MULTIPLE SPOUSES MOD, which allows you to have several children as well, I currently have 9 infants and toddlers in my house.
The shire in the witches hut only allows you to delete ALL CHILDREN at once, so you cant pick and choose to get rid of only one or two. Once the child reaches NPC age, the shrine does not recognize them as children, and wont delete them.
If we had the option of letting divorced spouses take their children with them, that would help as well. I managed to marry all 17 spouses (yes, I had 17 spouses in the house at once) in the first year, and have since divorced 9 of them, but I had to keep all the babies.
The multiple spouses went around the house kissing each other constantly (regardless of sex), and fooling around in bed together in the middle of the day. So how do I know if I'm the biological parent of all these kids??? lol. What if we gave the multiple spouses the option of having kids without the Farmer??
LOL Now this would add a touch of realism to SDV. I wish someone could work on a mod similar to Child Age Up that would allow more than 2 children and let me know which child belongs to which spouse as hair color alone isn't enough. I used CAU when it worked and I loved "talking" to my kids and giving them gifts. But it's horribly broken now. Instead I'm using another mod. But I can't gift or talk to my older kids. It makes me sad but there's nothing to be done since I can't figure out how to mod. My brain is just not made to understand the code. I'm still trying but it's a struggle.

Last edited: