A prairie king people would play!

I wouldn't mind a legend of the prairie king stardew prequel. Have you start as the prairie king and build up a homestead from a tent to your own personal ponderosa. Like wise there is no town to speak of and as you play and do bundles new characters and buildings are added to the town. Characters stay in your guest room while the buildings are going up and the such.

Of course you can have fun with the NPCs like ancestors of townsfolk

Jay(Robin) a red headed carpenter that has moved and set up shop on his little goat farm in the hills

Carol(Lewis) the current mayor of an ghost town. Has the only wagon in town. Will collect your goods to sell at Zuzu Village(small town). Allergic to gold.

Mast(Gus jk of mastication and gustation) an ole pirate turned gourmand. Runs the saloon. You can stay here if you want a bath and to sleep in a bed instead of camping out.

Circe a woman that has been in town. Is in love with an magical man. Has been accused of turning Jay into a beaver when he kept complaining about losing his ax.

I dunno would seem fun. Could kick a knee caps and put Father Joja's Feed store and Mission. Joja was a fine man who made sure all of his employees were paid well and had time off for going to service. Has a daughter that keeps crashing her pony into people!

LRangerR

Local Legend
Clever names you got there, lol. Not much is said about the past of SDV, but one thing I do remember them talking about is the Yoba shrine in Pierre's. I think that that particular reference is not as long-term as your timeline though. Perhaps you could even throw a young Marlon or Rasmodius in there.

I tried to imply radsmodius as the magic man as he would be younger and possibly more of a novice. I hope Marlon wouldn't be that old ..thinking in 1850-1890s era to leave room for town growth and degradation.