Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

FXNanabug

Greenhorn
Type of phone: 9th generation Ipad (IPadOS 16.1.1)
Details of your issue: Whenever picking up a foraged item, occasionally (this has happened 3 times now in the last 3 hours) I can’t move, go into my menu, or really do anything. It freezes up, but I can still go to my toolbar and click on things and zoom in and out, but that’s about it. The first time it happened was when I got off of my horse at the beach to dig up worms and it immediately froze. I had to completely restart the app and all my progress I had made that day was lost. The second time, I also went to dig the worms and it froze again. Had to restart. Then the third time I picked up a sweet pea and I had to restart again.
Another bug is with the profession screen. I had gotten to foraging level 10 and the screen came up, but my dog was messing with me and clicked something. The next day, I looked at what my skills were and whenever I tried to see what my profession was it didn’t show up. It was almost as if I didn’t even get a profession. The way I fixed this was by going to the dog statue and offering coins to get my fishing profession changed, then it gave the screen of the foraging profession. Sadly I don’t really have any screenshots of the profession glitch.
Any other info that might be relevant: something worth mentioning is with the freezing bug, whenever it did happen the time would flash like it would if I were in a menu.
AE92C041-B5A6-480E-ABCD-52D2DBFDFE70.jpeg

Last edited:

Horsegrl

Greenhorn
Type of phone:AQUOS zero
Issue details:When I retrieve an item from an automatic harvester, other items in the same row as that item disappear and I cannot get them. 3 times I tried and the same bug happened.
(This is written using machine translation.)
This autograbber bug is also happening on my iPad Pro (running iOS 16.0).

valentimes

Greenhorn
Super excited to play the new update! Just one big issue though.
Phone: Samsung Note9
Issue: The game crashes after a couple minutes of playing, and resets to the beginning of the day. I re-lived Fall 15 like seven times before I finally gave up and came here 🥲 There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the crashes, either- one crash was after I pet my child, one was while riding my horse across town square, one was after giving my spouse a gift, one was while rearranging furniture, etc...
Oh, and the toolbar and date icon are huge, and keep resetting themselves to be huge every time I make them smaller again in settings- but that's more of a minor annoyance. I'm mostly concerned about the game crashing constantly.

Last edited:

Dannyboy110

Newcomer
galaxy s21 ultra
1. can no longer pick up foraging items off the ground while mounted
2. dismounting is sometimes more difficult, occasionally I have to click multiple times till it is just right, instead of dismounting it kinda moves you around a bit
3. used to be able to see more of the map by swiping w 2 fingers, no longer works, instead it zooms in and out
4. slimes seem to jump extra long distances or something
5. phone vibrates NON STOP while fishing when the green bar is on top of the fish
6. my animals are chilling outside while it rains
I have all of these issues as well! Here’s the device im using:
EDF093BD-E65A-4489-BE5D-0CE533D1293B.jpeg
Please fix this soon. You took an extra week to “ensure quality”.

GuardianMilky

Greenhorn
Type of Phone: Vivo Y20S(Android 12)
Details of Issue: Can't load old saves since the game just crashes for some unknown reason

Cauliflower

Greenhorn
Type of phone: Realme 10 (Android 12)
Detail of your issue:
Date box is so big, changing the size in setting didn't do anything.
2. There are lines appeared along with the water animation, you can find it at the edge of river and ponds and maybe also in lava ponds in the mine.
3. There is a cursor appearing when opening menu such as calendar, shops, chests, and the mines elevator.
4. (Edit) Also I'm unable to back from menu screen without using Home screen button
Screenshots/videos:

Attachments

Last edited:

loxoma

Greenhorn
(Motorola G7 plus)
The menu selector is too big, I tried to fix it with the options but nothing happened, I don't know why this happened because when I start the game the menu it was normal but when I touched the screen this happened
Screenshot_20230107-143112~2.pngScreenshot_20230107-165724.png

Shirt

Greenhorn
Type of phone: 6th gen iPad Mini; iPadOS 16.2
Details:
  • While using a controller (Nintendo Switch Pro), the triggers will not allow me to scroll past the first 12 item row in my toolbar as it did in 1.4, instead looping around back to the first or last item. The bumpers do allow me to scroll past to other items, but must be pressed each time to move between each item, rather than the triggers, which can be held down to scroll rapidly. If an item outside the first row is selected, pressing the left trigger will cause the 1st item to be selected, while the right trigger will select the 3rd. Additionally, the triggers will no longer scroll the toolbar as it moves through, sometimes causing the selected item to not be screen if the toolbar is scrolled down so they are no visible. This behavior is inconsistent with both 1.4 mobile, as well as the Nintendo Switch version, which has a similar looping toolbar, but allows you to swap the toolbar between rows using the bumpers, and makes item selection and usage rather frustrating.
  • Another issue I have noticed is that certain prompts, such as 'construct farm buildings' in Robin's shop, will not work properly while using a controller, resulting in the building selection menu popping up for a split second before closing again. Dialogue has a similar issue, where pressing the A button at any point as another character is speaking will not result in the text appearing instantly, but will instead instantly skip to their next dialogue, requiring you to wait for the text to be written line by line if you actually want to read it.
    • Holding the A button will result in the build screen remaining open, and the joystick can be used to move between building options, however the window will close as soon as the A button is released.
  • When attempting to build a fish pond (haven't tried other buildings) the dialogue at the top of the screen reads: "Strings\UI:select_building"
  • Certain menu elements such as dialogue boxes are noticeably smaller than they previously were in 1.4
  • Items can no longer be dragged and dropped into the "border" of chests to instantly insert them in order, now requiring that they be dragged and dropped onto an item already within the chest for that functionality, unless some amount of that item is already within the chest, in which case it will stack.

Last edited:

Samantha802

Newcomer
Type of phone: Samsung Tab S7 FE running Android 12

Details of your issue: When I try to load my summer 7, year 2 save the screen says loading then the app crashes. I have two spring 8, year 1 saves that load with no issues.

When I go to Clint I cannot have him crack open geodes. I click on the option and my geode shows but I cannot put it on the anvil.
1673134201831.jpeg

Also, when donating at the museum the item menu grid doesn't line up and items are hard to see.
Screenshot_20230107_182548.jpg

Last edited:

Meloku

Greenhorn
Phone: Xiaomi 11T
Setup: Phone + USB-C Controller (GameSir X2)
Issue: Related to the Auto-Grabber bug: sometimes, when picking up items from the Auto-Grabber by using the Y button (left on the face buttons, square on a PlayStation controller), the game DELETES the first item of your inventory. That item will end up on the Lost and Found box on the next day. I already lost an Iridium Pickaxe, a Golden Scythe and a Hoe before I realized that this was the trigger of the lost items.

Gameplay recording (pay close attention to the Earth Crystal on the top left corner of my inventory): https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GentleInfantileBoutu-size_restricted.gif

Meloku

Greenhorn
And related to the items missing bug (maybe not, I never played on PC):

Phone: Xiaomi 11T
Issue: any tools lost that end up on the Lost and Found box will be on its base level, losing any also all upgrades. The Iridium Pickaxe I lost to the Auto-Grabber bug was returned to me as a base Pickaxe :(

ayathedoggo

Newcomer
Phone: Samsung galaxy a20e
issue: just a visual bug

this visual bug isn't gamebreaking or anything, but it is distracting to my adhd frazzled mind.

they blink sometimes.

they usually show up around forest-y bits on your farm, or rivers. aka part of the landscape-y bits that are mainly aesthetic. in the middle of the river or forest, or bordering it. the rivers 'round town were pretty messed up looking.

Attachments

SpookyEyes

Greenhorn
Pixel 6
The date/time box is enormous and none of the toggles in settings adjusts it in any way.

The toolbar is also huge but can be reset in settings, but reverts back to being huge when I re-open the game.

Attachments

weedeater

Cowpoke
Google Pixel C Tablet

I could replicate this exact issue on a bunch more of devices - it seems to have something to do with higher Display Resolution. And I found out the scaling in the settings actually works fine until a certain point. On a Galaxy Note 9 (European Exynos Version, Android 10, 1440x2960 px) for example, as long your "Date Size Box" is above 51 it scales normally, but if you go lower it seems to break and default into "freaking huge datebox mode. Pretty sure something with that calculation is up.

I could also replicate this on these device :
- ZTE Axon 7, Android 8, 1440x2560 p
- Motorola Moto Z (European Model), Android 8, 1440x2560 p
- Asus Zenfone AR, Android 7, 1440x2560 p
- LG G4, Android 6, 1440x2560p
- LG G6, Android 9, 1440x2880p
- LG V30, Android 9, 1440x2880p
- LG G7 Fit, Android 9, 1440x3120p
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 7, 1440x2560p
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (European Exynos Verison), Android 10, 1440x2960 p,
- Google Pixel 2 XL, Android 11, 1440x2880 p
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Android 9, 3840x2160 p (No idea however at what resolution the phone decideces to run the game at)

Now with Tablets its the same issue to a lesser extend. There the scaling also fails at some point, but the "fallback" size is much more reasonable. I could observe this on :
- Google Pixel C, Android 8.1, 2560x1800p
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Android 9, 1536x2048p
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7" Wifi Exynos Version), 1536x2048p

Also does anyone know where the new 1.5 Version keeps its savegames? I mean its nice that the game doesn't need the file access permission anymore but I used to have a setup with the old version where savegames would be synced between my phones, tablets and pc through syncthing (another App) which worked really well. Just curious if something like this could be achieved in the new version.

Also I hope this list helps, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fix, probably some math error.

Sorry, false flag on my Part previously - at least with Android resolution seems to have nothing to do with the issue. I double checked on some more 1080p and 720p devices and the issue is also present there. Its just way more obvious on 1440p screens due to how comically large the "fallback size" is. The scaling is fine until you go down to 50 and below. It starts breaking there on all kinds of screen resolutions.

But in good news, some of the devices that usually cause the most issues with Android games seem to be mostly fine at least in running through the first day. That being
- Google Pixel C with the Tegra X1 (same chip as the Nintendo switch btw. but often causes issue due to its custom Nvidia GPU)
- Asus Zenpad 3S 10" (one of the very few Android phones with a PowerVR GPU)
- Asus Zenphone 2 (uses an Intel Atom Z3580 x64 CPU - most games hate that and refuse to even support it)

Also the optimization is amazing. The game runs mostly fine on an Galaxy Note 10.1. A Tablet with 2560x1600p screen powered by a 2013 Exynos 5420. Outsanding work there.