your banana tree wasn't able to grow last night

Dippercat

Cowpoke
(It is solved. It looks like the announces appearing were the Ginger Island ones, because when I travelled to the Island my banana tree was surrounded by grass and rocks. Once I had cleaned my banana tree surroundings in the Island, I have not recieved that message anymore, neither in the town nor in the Island. Thank you for your answers!)

Hi

I've had to clean more than the area required to let the banana tree grow, and the message ''your banana tree wasn't able to grow last night'' keeps showing. Every morning I look for hidden seeds behind the tree, but there are no seeds, no branches, no rocks and no grass. Please, could you help me? I don't want to destroy the tree, it is very difficult to achieve a banana tree =(

*I tried to use the hoe just behind the tree, every day, but there is nothing hidden behind the tree.
*The photo is the banana tree, on my farm in the town.

Lou_10-16-2022_80785311.png

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Best thing to do is Hoe the 8 ground spaces surrounding your Tree as there is probably something hiding in the soil. I dunno if you need to Pickaxe the tilled soil again afterwards to make sure the ground is fully cleared, but try that.

Dippercat

Cowpoke
Best thing to do is Hoe the 8 ground spaces surrounding your Tree as there is probably something hiding in the soil. I dunno if you need to Pickaxe the tilled soil again afterwards to make sure the ground is fully cleared, but try that.
I tried but there are no obstacles, I hoed the 8 ground spaces and then I pickased again. The message is still showing every morning. Thank you for your answer!

Farrow

Sodbuster
Is it close to a natural wall like a cliff next to the farm? Ive noticed some of the saplings just can be picky about that kind of thing. Or you may have run into another "loop" glitch like a user did a while back where each night the glitch repeats (for those who don't know I'm referring to the guy who got stuck in summer for three in game years before having a programmer look into the files and see what was wrong it was unofficially referred to a looping glitch due to the fact that like in minecraft seeds that endlessly repeat it was simply a seed only glitch that was patched out when 1.5 came out) but if it is that you'll simply have to try growing one elsewhere. And also check to make sure one isn't planted somewhere unexpected I have forgotten I planted one in placed by accident at times doesn't hurt to check

Dippercat

Cowpoke
Is it close to a natural wall like a cliff next to the farm? Ive noticed some of the saplings just can be picky about that kind of thing. Or you may have run into another "loop" glitch like a user did a while back where each night the glitch repeats (for those who don't know I'm referring to the guy who got stuck in summer for three in game years before having a programmer look into the files and see what was wrong it was unofficially referred to a looping glitch due to the fact that like in minecraft seeds that endlessly repeat it was simply a seed only glitch that was patched out when 1.5 came out) but if it is that you'll simply have to try growing one elsewhere. And also check to make sure one isn't planted somewhere unexpected I have forgotten I planted one in placed by accident at times doesn't hurt to check
It is near a cliff, in the photo is shown how far it is. But it doesn't make sense, because I've planted other fruit trees nearer cliffs than this banana tree.

Dippercat

Cowpoke
I'm not sure, Dippercat who posted would know, but it's possible they planted another tree elsewhere that caused the message, as you mentioned.
I don't have more banana trees. The message started showing just after the tree was in phase 4. In that time there were trees planted and a rock path, so I broke the path and I cut all the trees (fortunatelly maple trees). I left the tree as it is shown in the photo and the message is still appearing, day by day. I thought that maybe is the cliff, like Farrow has suggested, but almost all of my fruit trees are next to cliffs and they could fully grow.

Last edited:

qaija

Sodbuster
You are trying to grow the tree on Ginger Island, yes? I've had problems with banana trees not growing also but never as severe as what you are experiencing. Dragon teeth are hard to come by and using five to buy a banana tree is expensive. You do know about golden coconuts, yes? Do you collect all the coconuts you can? I do now. I run around the west part of Ginger Island everytime I go there, shaking all the coconut trees hoping for a golden coconut. It was hard to spot the coconuts at first, but you can see them near the top of the tree just to the left or right. Once I learned how to spot them, I no longer shook every tree, but only those where I saw the coconut at the top. I think the drop rate for the golden coconuts is about 10%. Clint will open the golden coconuts. The first time he opens one, you will get a golden walnut. I have always (around three games now) received a banana sapling with the second or third golden coconut that Clint has opened. I don't even bother to buy one now. In my current game I have two banana trees from the golden coconuts Clint has cracked open. I believe all the coconut trees on Ginger Island can drop golden coconuts.

imnvs

Local Legend
I suspect there is something on the ground behind the tree. Try striking that tile with tools. I'd try axe and pickaxe both.

Dippercat

Cowpoke
You are trying to grow the tree on Ginger Island, yes? I've had problems with banana trees not growing also but never as severe as what you are experiencing. Dragon teeth are hard to come by and using five to buy a banana tree is expensive. You do know about golden coconuts, yes? Do you collect all the coconuts you can? I do now. I run around the west part of Ginger Island everytime I go there, shaking all the coconut trees hoping for a golden coconut. It was hard to spot the coconuts at first, but you can see them near the top of the tree just to the left or right. Once I learned how to spot them, I no longer shook every tree, but only those where I saw the coconut at the top. I think the drop rate for the golden coconuts is about 10%. Clint will open the golden coconuts. The first time he opens one, you will get a golden walnut. I have always (around three games now) received a banana sapling with the second or third golden coconut that Clint has opened. I don't even bother to buy one now. In my current game I have two banana trees from the golden coconuts Clint has cracked open. I believe all the coconut trees on Ginger Island can drop golden coconuts.
It is in the town, in Ginger Island I have another banana tree. Thank you for all the info, it was really useful!!

Last edited: