Wizard Theory

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I think it's a popular theory that Abigail is the Wizards daughter. But here's another theory. What if she's his granddaughter? Caroline drops several hints eluding to both theories. She talks about taking secret walks in the woods and that her daughter was born a year later. But also she states that Abigail does not have purple hair, that it's actually chestnut brown. And, if she complains about her daughters hair color why would she purposely die her own hair green? Unless, it's naturally green like her mom's, the witch. Or even if Caroline's not the wizards daughter, she could be the witch's daughter. They never go into detail about when the two of them broke up. Maybe I'm reading too much into the green hair thing. But Abigail definitely has qualities like the witch and the wizard.

Ereo

Helper
I think Caroline states that Abby used to have brown hair and Abby herself states she hasn't dyed it in a while, maybe suggesting her hair color changed when she reached adulthood?

Caroline said:
“When we first moved to Pelican Town I would take secret walks to the Wizard's Tower. Don't tell Pierre, he has jealousy issues. Abigail was born about a year after we moved to Pelican Town. I wonder if she'll ever experience life outside the valley?”
Caroline and Pierre might have moved to the town where she was born. Or they moved to a town they both didn't know. But wouldn't Caroline tell you she grew up here and moved away to study or something? Unless she is the wizards daughter and her mother moved away when she was still a baby, but felt a connection to the place when she came there by coincidence, so they decided to move there. Or she was the witches daughter and when the witch had her meltdown, the wizards decided to hide her because he didn't want her turned into a dove, so he gave her up to adoption?

I think I'll stick to the Abby theory.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I think Caroline states that Abby used to have brown hair and Abby herself states she hasn't dyed it in a while, maybe suggesting her hair color changed when she reached adulthood?

Caroline and Pierre might have moved to the town where she was born. Or they moved to a town they both didn't know. But wouldn't Caroline tell you she grew up here and moved away to study or something? Unless she is the wizards daughter and her mother moved away when she was still a baby, but felt a connection to the place when she came there by coincidence, so they decided to move there. Or she was the witches daughter and when the witch had her meltdown, the wizards decided to hide her because he didn't want her turned into a dove, so he gave her up to adoption?

I think I'll stick to the Abby theory.
You're right. She does mention about first moving to SDV with Pierre and having trouble settling down. So the big question is what was the witch up to when she wasn't with the wizard. ....and that's another reason I was thinking maybe Caroline was her daughter. The witch could of taken off, but she chooses to stay nearby. What we really need is more witch info. 🙂

Well we know she isn't of the mortal races as she eats anything be eat fruit vegetable or mineral. She said her hair went brown to purple and changes back to purple when she tries to dye it. Also she can one shot a wilderness golem bare handed.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I've had the Wizard say to me that he thinks he has a daughter. But I've never had him say that he had an affair. Has anyone else gotten this dialogue from him?

"You mustn't tell anyone... but I have reason to believe that one of the locals is actually my daughter... I could be mistaken... It's rare, but it does happen."

The Wiki states that he did something that was so horrible that his wife turned into a witch and her hair turned green. Which would cancel out her being Caroline's Mom. But it also says he suspects Emily to be his daughter because of her hair color not being like her sisters and her interest in the occult. Which would explain why Emily and Haley are so different. But again, we don't have a backstory on them either. So, who knows. lol

I think it's a popular theory that Abigail is the Wizards daughter. But here's another theory. What if she's his granddaughter? Caroline drops several hints eluding to both theories. She talks about taking secret walks in the woods and that her daughter was born a year later. But also she states that Abigail does not have purple hair, that it's actually chestnut brown. And, if she complains about her daughters hair color why would she purposely die her own hair green? Unless, it's naturally green like her mom's, the witch. Or even if Caroline's not the wizards daughter, she could be the witch's daughter. They never go into detail about when the two of them broke up. Maybe I'm reading too much into the green hair thing. But Abigail definitely has qualities like the witch and the wizard.
That is my theory.

There are actually 3 villagers with purple hair - the Wizard, Abigail, and Jas. Both Abigail and Jas spend time in the woods near the Wizard's Tower, and for Jas, there are virtually no facts known about her parents. The claim is that they died, but do we have more proof of that claim than we have proof that Pierre is Abigail's father? The only children which are clearly the offspring of their parents are Sam, Vincent, and Maru. I'd buy Abigail, Jas, or Emily as the daughter of the Wizard. As far as Caroline, I hadn't previously considered it, interesting theory! Her green hair certainly is an outlier which isn't often discussed.

I do want to throw this out there as well - I personally think it's implied that if Abigail is the daughter of the Wizard, it's not as a result of an affair, but rather a side effect of some occult ritual. After all, he's engaged in occult research, he indicates "the affairs of mundane folk matter little to me", and the specific line he says regarding his daughter is "You musn't tell anyone... but I have reason to believe that one of the locals is actually my daughter... I could be mistaken... It's rare, but it does happen." The idea of him being disinterested in mundane folk and them being scared of him plus this doesn't to me lead to having an affair with Caroline, since that would make the "It's rare, but it does happen" line pretty odd.

Plus, Caroline says she "doesn't know where she gets it from" in relation to Abigail's interest in the occult, she believes Abigail's natural hair color is chestnut brown, and she says she was a free spirit before she met Pierre (implying she was not afterwards). If she had been engaging in an affair with the Wizard, she would know where Abigail's interest in the occult comes from and would not think she was dying her hair. So I think Caroline was just standing too close to the Wizard's tower when something was going on, and one thing led to another. That's my theory at least.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
There are actually 3 villagers with purple hair - the Wizard, Abigail, and Jas. Both Abigail and Jas spend time in the woods near the Wizard's Tower, and for Jas, there are virtually no facts known about her parents. The claim is that they died, but do we have more proof of that claim than we have proof that Pierre is Abigail's father? The only children which are clearly the offspring of their parents are Sam, Vincent, and Maru. I'd buy Abigail, Jas, or Emily as the daughter of the Wizard. As far as Caroline, I hadn't previously considered it, interesting theory! Her green hair certainly is an outlier which isn't often discussed.

I do want to throw this out there as well - I personally think it's implied that if Abigail is the daughter of the Wizard, it's not as a result of an affair, but rather a side effect of some occult ritual. After all, he's engaged in occult research, he indicates "the affairs of mundane folk matter little to me", and the specific line he says regarding his daughter is "You musn't tell anyone... but I have reason to believe that one of the locals is actually my daughter... I could be mistaken... It's rare, but it does happen." The idea of him being disinterested in mundane folk and them being scared of him plus this doesn't to me lead to having an affair with Caroline, since that would make the "It's rare, but it does happen" line pretty odd.

Plus, Caroline says she "doesn't know where she gets it from" in relation to Abigail's interest in the occult, she believes Abigail's natural hair color is chestnut brown, and she says she was a free spirit before she met Pierre (implying she was not afterwards). If she had been engaging in an affair with the Wizard, she would know where Abigail's interest in the occult comes from and would not think she was dying her hair. So I think Caroline was just standing too close to the Wizard's tower when something was going on, and one thing led to another. That's my theory at least.
You make several valid points. And I remember thinking it was odd when the Wizard added that "it's rare, but it does happen." So your theory of side effect from ritual is interesting. Which brings up the question of what does Abigail know that she's not telling everyone? Obviously, she's very into the occult. She's got the Ouija board, a huge infatuation with death and her love of nature. Which btw, I looked up who's tombstone it is. It's Mona's, which is widely believed to be Jas's Mom? Wow, that opens up a whole other can of worms. Purple hair, purple hair.

Elenna101

Farmer
I personally read that as "it's rare for me to be mistaken" rather than "it's rare for me to have a kid", but this theory is pretty cool!

MissDandy

Farmer
(In regard to the original post) I've never heard this theory before, and now that you mention it, it makes a lot of sense. The hair colour thing was something I never really thought too much about, but looking at it now it could very well be a major hint as to the actual history and relation of the three (four including the witch.) Since the witch isn't really a big part of the game but her hut is an area you can actually go to, It makes me curious as to her role in the whole mess. She has hard feelings for the wizard... maybe they left on bad terms due to a family issue??

PookieDoodle

Rancher
(In regard to the original post) I've never heard this theory before, and now that you mention it, it makes a lot of sense. The hair colour thing was something I never really thought too much about, but looking at it now it could very well be a major hint as to the actual history and relation of the three (four including the witch.) Since the witch isn't really a big part of the game but her hut is an area you can actually go to, It makes me curious as to her role in the whole mess. She has hard feelings for the wizard... maybe they left on bad terms due to a family issue??
Exactly. The witch's hut (which portals straight to the wizards tower and he seems not to be bothered by that) implies to me that in later expansions she might have more of an involvement in the storyline. They do have hard feelings towards each other, but there's still some connection we're not aware of yet. And about Emily and Haley. Who knows, maybe Emily dyes her hair. She doesn't want to be compared to Haley and she definitely loves vivid colors. i.e. the parrots, healing gems and the fabrics she makes. But I think that would be a great storyline if Abigail and Emily and/or Jas were somehow all related. If so, no wonder the wizard lays low. lol

MissDandy

Farmer
Exactly. The witch's hut (which portals straight to the wizards tower and he seems not to be bothered by that) implies to me that in later expansions she might have more of an involvement in the storyline. They do have hard feelings towards each other, but there's still some connection we're not aware of yet. And about Emily and Haley. Who knows, maybe Emily dyes her hair. She doesn't want to be compared to Haley and she definitely loves vivid colors. i.e. the parrots, healing gems and the fabrics she makes. But I think that would be a great storyline if Abigail and Emily and/or Jas were somehow all related. If so, no wonder the wizard lays low. lol
Jas seems far too young to be dying her hair, and no one can really figure out her storyline exactly either. I think it's a possibility that she ties in too! (Especially since her hair is purple.)

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Jas seems far too young to be dying her hair, and no one can really figure out her storyline exactly either. I think it's a possibility that she ties in too! (Especially since her hair is purple.)
Yeah, I don't get her storyline at all. Is she Marnie's granddaughter? And if so, why is Shane her godfather? So much information we need that we aren't getting. Some of it's just downright confusing.