Why can't I place spenklers on the sandmap

Schnitzler

Greenhorn
It just doesn't make sense why shouldn't you be able to build them on sand? Then no plants should be able to grow on sand either. I love the map but it really annoys me ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

I play on mobile but I'm looking forward to trying the beach farm. I plan to use the sprinkler area for crops, get the greenhouse as early as I can, and focus on animals, fruit trees, maple syrup, honey, and tea saplings. It's supposed to be a slightly harder farm map, to do something else besides large fields of crops.
Also, deluxe retaining soil.

imnvs

Local Legend
The beach farm gives you more space than any other map. You want to also be able to sprinkler all of it? Play a standard map.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It just doesn't make sense why shouldn't you be able to build them on sand? Then no plants should be able to grow on sand either. I love the map but it really annoys me ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
I mean having sprinklers on the sand isn’t equal to plants at all.

You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Each of the farm maps is specifically designed to have its own unique advantages and disadvantages, that's literally the fun of having a range of maps from which you can choose.

The limitation on sprinklers is simply one of the beach farm's unique features, and it's up to the player to overcome the challenge.

Who says any of it has to make sense? The game isn't set in our real world, it's set in a fantasy world that has its own rules.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
After all, it's a world where rabbits occasionally shed their feet and teleportation is possible. 😎
As well as busses that use weird mechanics to arrive the opposite place they went to…
Where small apple slavery is used and monsters exist and are trapped souls in the dark desert depths.

The list goes on indefinitely.

MissDandy

Farmer
Actually, not being able to put sprinklers on the sand is probably one of the more normal, real world issues you'll come across in this game, considering what else is possible. I mean, I can't put sprinklers on the sand but I CAN fight mini dinosaurs underneath the crust of the earth and eat 1,462 fish tacos in one day if I please.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Personally I think the beach map has plenty of sprinkler usable plots in the little dirt area on the left, well once you've upgraded your axe enough to clear out the logs. But I never fill a whole screen full of crops anyways, I just like a small area and then I put a bunch of regrow crops in the greenhouse later on. My new beach farm I made for a Joja path, I've just got a small section of manually watered crops for a bit of cash, until I upgrade my axe enough. There's plenty of other stuff to do also until then, like mining and I like the extra beach map stuff like the random crates and whatnot.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
It's funny... I am currently doing a well modded game on a replacement beach map, and whike the map I chose has a few more tillable spots right out front (so you don't have to cross most of the farm to get in those 15 parsnips in the ground), being able to add sprinklers to the beach just feels like a step too far for me personally. Not critical of anyone else's preference ... but to me the spirit of the beach farm is "do minimal crops and figure out Something Else for all that space."