What's your favorite part of the game?

What's your favorite part of the game?

• Total voters
Hi everyone! So I wanted to ask the community a question: What is your favorite part of the game?
No, I don't mean mechanics such as fishing or mining. I also am not talking about NPCs or quests or even house upgrades. I'm talking about time!

I like to classify my saves (timewise) in three ways:
Start - When you start out. This usually ends when you start earning a few thousand a day and no longer have to worry if you have enough money for seeds. (Usually Spring - early Fall Year 1 for me)
Middle - When you earn thousands a day and don't stress too much about money anymore. I'm talking about not caring if you get billed by Harvey after passing out, or have to pay a little extra for seeds at Joja when Pierre's is closed. I define this part as having pigs lol (I usually don't get the upgraded barn until year 2). Usually, this part ends when you finish the Community Center or Joja, are married or have a roommate (if you want to), have high hearts with every NPC, and have a pretty well-functioning farm. (For me this is often late Fall Year 1 - end of Year 3, maybe even Spring or Summer Year 4)
Endgame - When you've completed the Community Center or Joja. Usually, you're married or have a roommate, have a very well functioning farm, and have completed many achievements. Also, sometimes this is also when you finish the Skull Cavern Level 100 quest, although you can usually get that middlegame. (For me, this is usually Year 4+. I tend to abandon my saves after this point, and start over)

Everyone will have different definitions of each of these, depending on your playstyle (as some people like to set challenges for themselves, or don't try to finish the Community Center or Joja, or don't befriend NPCs that early in-game), but generally most SV saves have a beginning, middle, and end.
If you have a different definition or want to add something to this timeline, please reply and share your opinion! Also, if you enter endgame or middlegame at different times than I do, (which I'm sure will be a lot of people :love:) please share! I look forward to seeing everyone's responses :smile:

My favorite part of the game is the beginning part, or start part. Why? Because that's where I start my relationship with Leah (and also other NPCs in town). It's always nice and interesting. Beside that, I like the feeling of repairing and building an abandoned place from scratch, trying to piece everything up to something that is not broken.

bioweapon

Farmhand
You know, every now and then I ask myself a similar question: Why keep playing the game over and over again for so many years? The seeding, watering, harvesting, mining, fishing, collecting, gifting, reloading kegs, extracting diamonds; it is labor-intensive. The late nights, the early mornings, the fatigue, the endless supply of coffee & cheeses. And I give myself the same answer every time: MONEY!

It is the shipment screen that shows up with an ever-increasing total my favorite part of the game. The sound of the gold coins is music to my ears. At that brief moment, the game is no longer work, it is my calling.

There's just something so fresh and sweet about the brand new farm, the tiny farmhouse, hand watering crops...I like all stages of the game but it's that gentle, slow beginning that sets the tone for me. :smile:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yes.

Really? Is terseness just not good enough? OK, I like Middle game as that's when the accomplishments come rolling in. Completed bundles, unlocking new areas, Lava Eel Fish Ponds, blowing through Qi coins, slashing through monsters in the Caverns with an actually decent weapon like the lovely Insect Head (apologies, Tom), dating half the town while avoiding the Saloon and the Sisters' house, clearcutting the entire Forest in an effort to singlehandedly triple the building count in the Valley, buying magical teleportation devices like the Obelisk (read: giant home PC) or the Return Sceptre (read: smartphone).

You know, the siren call of the pastoral life.

Seriously, a set of giant huge honking TOWERS cluttering up my magnificent Farm just to get my lazy butt to the Ocean or Desert when a stick brings me Home from anywhere? Hello, game balance???

Cptldsilver

Planter
My new favorite part is killing absurd numbers of monsters during the skull cavern invasion quest while using monster musk. Getting floors with 50+ monsters, rounding them up then killing them all with a single hammer combo is so satisfying. I got 8 batteries from one swing on a bat only floor.

I too haven't made it to endgame, so I would go somewhere in the transition of Beginning to Middle simply because it's when you really get your feet on the ground and are past the "newness" of the game. You haven't quite made it to the point of "automation" with getting money and the like, but there's still a goal of some sort for you to chase after while being past the initial slog of watering, hoeing, and cutting down trees.

Just my thoughts on the matter.