What is the best way to get prismatic slime/jelly?

ISSsloth

Farmer
I'm not sure if this actually helps, but I went through the levels of the mines with green slimes until one day one of them was an infested floor and then did that floor over and over. I get that this won't happen often but if it does it's a big help.

benjellyman

Planter
I'm not sure if this actually helps, but I went through the levels of the mines with green slimes until one day one of them was an infested floor and then did that floor over and over. I get that this won't happen often but if it does it's a big help.
Well thx I'll keep that in mind

Worblehat

Planter
I followed the wiki's advice, "It is not set to a specific location you need to search for, so refreshing a single floor (like 5) repeatedly can eventually spawn it."

That worked, though it took a few days. Both times. Because it turns out the prismatic slime is quite a bit tougher and more dangerous than normal slimes... 🤦‍♂️

ISSsloth's method is probably the best, if you happen to know of an infested floor. Stardew Predictor can tell you that if you're inclined to use it.

Squigglyruth

Planter
Both times I did this I went from floor 1-5 repeatedly. Each time has a 1 in 20 chance of encountering the slime, and those floors are quick and easy. I found the slime inside a day both times.
Thinking about it, floors 10-15 would probably be slightly better, since floor 12 has a guaranteed staircase.