What is the best fish to put in the Fish Pond?

Rhiannon

Farmer
You might want to check the Wiki for Fish Pond information. It tells the quests that the various fish ask for and what rewards they can give along with percentages.

Nathan2076

Greenhorn
You might want to check the Wiki for Fish Pond information. It tells the quests that the various fish ask for and what rewards they can give along with percentages.
I know, but it is very complicated. I would have to do a lot of calculations and it would take too long.

redbobcat

Rancher
Best money return: lava eel, then blobfish.
Need for movie theater bundle: sturgeon.

Once you choose your fish, I do recommend to check wiki page to see what rare items you might require to expand the pond (first table on that page).

Overall I find fish ponds not very profitable but fun to play with, for a while. I had octopus to produce omni geodes but it’s roe is cheap. Some have fish for cooking ingredients. I can tell you that one pond is not enough to experiment but they are cheap to build.

Nathan2076

Greenhorn
Best money return: lava eel, then blobfish.
Need for movie theater bundle: sturgeon.

Once you choose your fish, I do recommend to check wiki page to see what rare items you might require to expand the pond (first table on that page).

Overall I find fish ponds not very profitable but fun to play with, for a while. I had octopus to produce omni geodes but it’s roe is cheap. Some have fish for cooking ingredients. I can tell you that one pond is not enough to experiment but they are cheap to build.
Omg tysm, I already did the movie theater bundle. I think I'm going to put squid in one of the ponds to make a recipe. Anyway, thank you very much <3

Boo1972

Farmer
There is a previous thread on this subject “what do you put in your fish pond and why”. Definitely read it. Uzzlegorf posted pictures of their ponds and it inspired several people. Including me. Good luck and enjoy. Fish ponds have become a favorite of mine.

Widget

Sodbuster
Lobsters are fun. They give you warp totems to the beach sometimes, coral sometimes, and trash, and roe, and other things. You never know.

CherryLeafy101

Sodbuster
Sturgeon: lots of roe for caviar
Woodskip: helps you passively farm wood and hardwood
Stonefish: helps you passively farm stone and geodes
Spookfish: chance to get treasure chests
Lava Eel: passive farming of geodes
Squid: squid ink

Rhiannon

Farmer
Lava Eel: passive farming of geodes
I did Sturgeon first. Then a second pond for coral. Then a third pond for Blobs. And now a fourth for coral (I make my own fertilizer). I swear that's all. Just four. *gives self a stern look* I did empty out the sturgeon one and put in an eel. Then I went fishing for a lava eel. Four trips and over 200 casts later, I got one. When the eels hit 10, I'll empty it out and put in the lava eel. I love the little surprises you get each day.

Boo1972

Farmer
I did Sturgeon first. Then a second pond for coral. Then a third pond for Blobs. And now a fourth for coral (I make my own fertilizer). I swear that's all. Just four. *gives self a stern look* I did empty out the sturgeon one and put in an eel. Then I went fishing for a lava eel. Four trips and over 200 casts later, I got one. When the eels hit 10, I'll empty it out and put in the lava eel. I love the little surprises you get each day.
You definitely have self-control. I have 8!

I wont like, I've seriously considered making a map where I don't farm. I wanted to make a map for fishing and harvesting fish. Anything fishing related. And these ponds were the driving force on why I'm currently building my 15th pond..