What are some languages you want to/are learning?

I’m learning Spanish in school (and have been for three years), but I’m not going to take it again after this year. I might try and do it on my free time, but being in a class and having homework and tests is too stressful for me. I’d like to be fluent one day, but I think it needs to be done on my own time.

Lew Zealand

Helper
English, LOL.

Yes, it's my first language but in school it was the bane of my existence. Well, when History wasn't. Those 2 Liberal Arts besties always did like to share.

I was lucky enough to get an 11th hour reprieve late in my college experience to see that History wasn't all drab and boring, thanks to a curriculum change and good Prof (I also got Calculus rehab the same way), but alas nothing for English.

Decades of slow seepage or possibly a brain tumor have allowed me to escape the dank pit of English despair and while I can't point to a particular thing which has allowed this, it may come down to something more generally I did in life:

Be less boring.

I'm fascinated by languages that have non-Latin script. I can read and understand Cyrillic and decipher some Greek words. I would love to learn Hebrew, Georgian and obvs. Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other scripts of Asia.
If you are going to learn Hebrew be prepared to the fact everything has a gender. Every word is either male or female. And some words are both. Keep am eye for it.

Zusa

Tiller
I've always liked trying to learn a new language. I tried to learn at least 5 throughout middle school (it obviously didn't work out because I don't think that's mentally/physically possible LOL). I've been taking German classes for 3 years now, and been practicing in my free time. It gets easier to learn a language when you involve yourself in it daily!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I was learning latin for a long while then transitioned into spanish which I'm not great at but my family travels a lot (before covid) and different languages are great to know when you do.
I was also learning to read and speak in sandskrit but stoppe dbeccause of covid but I'd like to restart.
My father is Dutch and he is a huge advocate for learning different languages as while he is only fluent in two, he can speak on a basic to moderate level and above in 6 languages.