What Android Mods for Stardew Valley 1.4.5 can I get?

So i want to make my gameplay more fun etc and I downloaded SVE which is great but wanted to add some more but I am not sure which mods are specific to android or will work with it. Does anyone know any that will work and some fun ones too?

Maybe like hairstyle ones pets farm animals crops anything really. I have looked and it never says if its compatible for my version. I tried the Animal Husbandry mod. It didn't say it was for any specific version but when i looked at the log it said I needed a higher version of smapi for android and right now I only have 3.7 etc.

Any help on some fun mods for what android stardew valley 1.4.5 with smapi 3.7 would be appreciated. Thank you

Odin

Staff member
Looks like this got a bit buried in Mod Support, so I've moved the thread to Modding Discussion. If you don't get any answers here and are still looking, you can also ask in the #using-mods channel on the Stardew Valley Discord. Modding on Android is definitely less common so it may be tougher to find recommendations for that platform, at least while it's still on the 1.4 version.

MaeAloril

Newcomer
I was unaware that you could mod on Android, I was just using the item code generation hack, if you can explain how you do so that would be greatly appreciated.

Sisngood

Greenhorn
So i want to make my gameplay more fun etc and I downloaded SVE which is great but wanted to add some more but I am not sure which mods are specific to android or will work with it. Does anyone know any that will work and some fun ones too?

Maybe like hairstyle ones pets farm animals crops anything really. I have looked and it never says if its compatible for my version. I tried the Animal Husbandry mod. It didn't say it was for any specific version but when i looked at the log it said I needed a higher version of smapi for android and right now I only have 3.7 etc.

Any help on some fun mods for what android stardew valley 1.4.5 with smapi 3.7 would be appreciated. Thank you
Hey there, I just started modding for Android in the last couple of weeks but I have figured some stuff out. What you need to look for mods that were uploaded no later than February 2020. I'm not exactly sure why this is a magic number, but it is. Early February is fine, late February generally is not. I've actually got a surprising amount of mods working including Medieval buildings, kind of half of hair mods? I don't understand why the whole thing doesn't work but I have some decent hairs now lol. I have more grasses, as well as a mod that prettifies grass, a really nice greenhouse mod, a mod that changes the towns look to match medieval buildings, a mod that gives me a bathtub as well as a new house layout, a mod that changes the look of trees, a mod that makes sprites a little cuter, a mod that makes a couple of the bachelor's cuter, like I said, a lot of mods. Feel free to message me and I'll give you the links to everything.

painforpoison

Newcomer
Hey there, I just started modding for Android in the last couple of weeks but I have figured some stuff out. What you need to look for mods that were uploaded no later than February 2020. I'm not exactly sure why this is a magic number, but it is. Early February is fine, late February generally is not. I've actually got a surprising amount of mods working including Medieval buildings, kind of half of hair mods? I don't understand why the whole thing doesn't work but I have some decent hairs now lol. I have more grasses, as well as a mod that prettifies grass, a really nice greenhouse mod, a mod that changes the towns look to match medieval buildings, a mod that gives me a bathtub as well as a new house layout, a mod that changes the look of trees, a mod that makes sprites a little cuter, a mod that makes a couple of the bachelor's cuter, like I said, a lot of mods. Feel free to message me and I'll give you the links to everything.

The magic date on the Wiki and other articles is actually December 21 , 2020. Even from December 20, 2020 you should be fine because as of that date there still was "no such thing" as SDV V.1.5. Side note: Yes, I'm sure there was a BETA release sometime before hand for mod authors to tinker with, but this is usually at the bottom of the page under the "Description" tab or directly on the file itself.)
Going back to December 21 2020 and its magic importance. This is because, if you guys follow ConcernedApe or SDV on a regular basis you'll know know that SDV 1.5 (ConcernedApe's final and probably the largest update to the game) was released on this date (December 21, 2020). Along with the fact that he [ConcernedApe] has begun a new game developing endeavor (Haunted Chocolatier), the 8 year partnership between ConcernedApe and Chucklefish has recently come to an end. So for a long, long, loooong while us SDV mobile players have been patiently waiting and wondering: "What the heck happened?!" C.A. has decided to self-publish his games (hence the end of the 8 year Chucklefish partnership) going forward which is what brings me to this: check out this link, I'm not giving ANY spoilers. It's at the bottom under the rest of my post.

I'm relatively new to modding as well and I use Android too (waaay to broke for a laptop rn). So I've been at it a few months but the going is slow, especially when it comes to "changing things up". I had a great set up of functional and aesthetic mods that all worked but then I got bored (ah the inevitable downfall of seemingly infinite modding options). So, I WAS using AOFB (Ali's Overgrown Fairy Buildings), More Overgrown Fairy Buildings, Overgrown Fairy Craftables; AOFB Shipping Bin, AOFB Tractor Garage; Foliage Redone — Foliage Only; Dirt, Grass, Cliffs, Water; Tractor Mod, Tractor Recolors, Way back Pelican Town (I dunno how, but it worked); Pegasus Horse; Time Speed; Generic Mod Config Menu; Country Garden Farmhouse V2; Mii's and Magmatica's Country Furniture; Industrial Kitchen; Industrial Furniture; Country Walls and Floors; Warm and Cozy Fireplace; More Flowery Grass; Elle's Seasonal Paths; Seasonal Fences; Gate Fix; among others. Don't forget to check "Nexus Requirements" under the Description tab of the mod you are interested in. You must download what ever is there unless it says (optional) beside it. If you don't, your Mod WILL NOT WORK. Some common requirement Mods are: Content Patcher; TMX Loader/Map toolkit; PYTK (Platonymous Toolkit); Shop Tile Framework; Producer Framework; Expanded Preconditions Utility...etc. Good luck and happy modding. They all worked, no red SMAPI error messages, perfection. I should have left it alone.

Here's the link that you must check out!

If anyone posts back I also have the link for the mods, I may add them in a week or so even if not. So be sure to check back or follow this thread. Thank you, and happy modding!

Bluestardew

Newcomer
As a mobile player myself it was confusing at first knowing which ones are and which ones aren't and it's pretty easy to know, what you need to know if the mod works on mobile is if it's compatible with 1.4.5, or you might want to check the notes in every version the mod has, some might not work as the version that seems to work it's in that tiny little hat middle of 'it's no longer compatible' and 'need smapi --' but there are some mods which you might think don't work even if you tried all the versions but some players or modders might have created a compatible version

Lenora Rose

Farmer
As a PC user I hadn't really thought about this but I've been noticing a lot of mods in their files section with a "for Android" version clearly labelled. Even one that expands on Ginger Island, which made a bit more sense when I learned a mod basically recreates Ginger Island for Android.

FluffyFluff

Cowpoke
With being reminded of a feature on Nexus, it would be nice if we can make an Android compatible list of mods with which version to use. I am planning to make a collection on Nexus with notes on which version to use as tested quite a bit to figure out what works or not.

Also, anyone knows how to make mods specifically for Android's version of Stardew Valley? Asking as beginning to make my own mods and want to make sure Android users can enjoy them along with computer users.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I think that part of the issue is that without testing, it's sometimes hard to tell. Mods made before 1.5 existed (November 2020 or so) and not updated *should* be fine... but those are the ones in need of actual testing by someone with Android. Mods with a specific secondary version for Android that explicitly says so are easier to be sure about (Most of the framework mods that make other mods work have this, and NPC Map Locations, for instance, which is a very popular mod.)
Ones that still have unhidden old versions that say "Update for 1.4" should be (Canon Friendly Dialogue Expansion and Festival of the Mundane have this)

I suspect the best way to determine how to make an android friendly mod might be to ask some of the mod makers whose mods have an explicit "android" version over on Nexus. I can't say for sure how approachable they are but Gweniaczek and acearohippo have popular mods with android versions

FluffyFluff

Cowpoke
I think that part of the issue is that without testing, it's sometimes hard to tell. Mods made before 1.5 existed (November 2020 or so) and not updated *should* be fine... but those are the ones in need of actual testing by someone with Android. Mods with a specific secondary version for Android that explicitly says so are easier to be sure about (Most of the framework mods that make other mods work have this, and NPC Map Locations, for instance, which is a very popular mod.)
Ones that still have unhidden old versions that say "Update for 1.4" should be (Canon Friendly Dialogue Expansion and Festival of the Mundane have this)

I suspect the best way to determine how to make an android friendly mod might be to ask some of the mod makers whose mods have an explicit "android" version over on Nexus. I can't say for sure how approachable they are but Gweniaczek and acearohippo have popular mods with android versions
Can confirm. I've been testing out mods with my mobile SV and sometimes you got to download several versions just to find one that works.