We need a boss to stimulate the situation.

Do we need a boss dungeon?

• mmhmm

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • nah

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
As a proud member of Adventurer's Guild, I enjoy slaying monsters.
Why not have a giant boss similar to the Ender dragon from Minecraft and dungeon bosses from Zelda Game Boy.

Monster Hunting Project!
  • All the players will figure out how to kill the bosses. –through their creativity, or maybe they will find a hint somewhere in the library or the Wizard's bookshelves.
  • It does not need to be a dragon, but a giant beast that is disturbing the balance of the elements. – or possibly the beast that is causing fear to our fellow Stardew Valley citizens.
  • Stardew Valley needs some urban legend similar to Moth man, LockNess Monster, and Bigfoot. Maybe have Willy tell me a story of giant squid, make Sebastian collect many monsters figurines, or make Sam decorate a (weird monster looking) souvenir bought from Calico Desert.
  • If you like a fairy tale story, maybe have your love interest being kidnapped by a giant beast. LoL.
  • Make players investigate or search for a monster.
  • Co-op with other farmers to slay the beast together.
  • Or make a player have a surprise meeting with a boss while mining.
I can count on your creativity. Surprise us!!!

The rest:
I know that NPC like QI, Willy, Marlon, Linus, Gunther, Gil, or mysterious author has many secrets...
We do not have so much information about them.
I guess this is the best opportunity to know them better while we are on a mission.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Only if I can do her nails.

This must be one of the ways to defeat the boss. Gossamer is simply the bestest monster ever to be created and I'm indebted to Chuck Jones for it and Bugs' solution to the problem. If you need an insight for how I approach situations, this is it.

goboking

Rancher
I used to oppose the idea of bosses, but having just caught a legendary fish - the fishing equivalent of a boss - I think I’d be fine with five or so boss-type monsters.

I used to oppose the idea of bosses, but having just caught a legendary fish - the fishing equivalent of a boss - I think I’d be fine with five or so boss-type monsters.
Thanks for the wonderful suggestion.
I love your comment. Can I quote from you on this thread that we should have the "legendary fishing equivalent of a boss"?

The boss idea is indeed interesting. But, if you have to fight it I would not be a good candidate :blush:. I would end up needing 300 food and probably still get knocked out.
Unless it's a evil luck day... I might be able to on an evil luck day. It's the good luck days that try to defeat me....

Maybe if you give the Monster Boss something it hates it it screams at you... That sounds like a funny animation :blush: just as long as it doesn't attack you....

The boss idea is indeed interesting. But, if you have to fight it I would not be a good candidate :blush:. I would end up needing 300 food and probably still get knocked out.
Unless it's a evil luck day... I might be able to on an evil luck day. It's the good luck days that try to defeat me....

Maybe if you give the Monster Boss something it hates it it screams at you... That sounds like a funny animation :blush: just as long as it doesn't attack you....
OMG I love this idea. What the world needs now is drama. LoL

Actually, there is a sea monster in the game.
That's the monster that we cannot interact with...
Krobus

Last edited:

jonny_panic

Tiller
I definitely would prefer if CA improved combat first. Aiming and facing the right direction is troublesome sometimes, switching weapons and tools during action is a pain, and some aspects of various weapons just feel borderline useless.

Let's play to the love of nostalgia. I say make a mecha Morris come to town for a rematch with pierre. You fill in for him. Bonus if you fight it using the blue baby bonnet it takes double damage. It's a reference to Wolfenstein.

The otheridea would be a spikey alien hedgehog that spawns from a cracked meteor. Now all you need is a time egg, a clone and to meet me at the proto dome

Let's play to the love of nostalgia. I say make a mecha Morris come to town for a rematch with pierre. You fill in for him. Bonus if you fight it using the blue baby bonnet it takes double damage. It's a reference to Wolfenstein.

The otheridea would be a spikey alien hedgehog that spawns from a cracked meteor. Now all you need is a time egg, a clone and to meet me at the proto dome
I think the shadowpeople are gonna be great bosses. Maybe they want to kill Krobus?

@Zen_the_Ogre
@lilan castel

Both of your ideas are great.
Yes, we are all expected some conflict.
However, SV is a relaxing game.

I heard from the speculation that CA removed a rival or enemy to make the game as relaxing as possible.
I understand we all want a little bit of drama in the game...

Last edited:
Yes, we are all expected some conflict.
However, SV should be relaxing and less stressful.

I heard from the speculation that CA removed a rival or enemy to make the game as relaxing as possible.
I understand we all want a little bit of drama in the game...
I think SDV works so great the way it does because you can play many ways without to be forced to.
I like visiting the skull cavern (also after reaching floor 100). I like to explore and hunt there or do a run through the vulcano mine. And it's just for fun. But others only do farming and rarely visit any mine.
So a boss enemy should be optional or at least not trigger any rewards one need for a none-adventurer play.

I dunno you could also put a diplomatic way to deal with the boss. Like if is a dragon you see it's enraged and bound to the room with iridium chains. You can face it or you can look for the pillars that have chains attached to them. Destroy the pillars and show back to the room the dragon is defensive but not hostile. If your pet is at max. It finds it's way into the mine goes behind the boss. Triggers a switch which opens a hatch with lava. The dragon sees this gives a nod gives the peaceful quest item. Dives into the lava and swims away.

A boss resolution like that would be peaceful and non threatening why remaining relaxing

It would be a nice nod to Ozzie's castle from Chronotrigger.