Wanna hear a good story?

Nananelson

Greenhorn
I need to tell you this story of how I learned of Stardew.
Three years ago, my youngest son happened upon this cool game that he wanted me to play. You know how it goes sometimes. I really meant to play the game with him but being a single parent has its pressures. He told me that he bought the game and he thinks I would really like it. A little over two years ago, he passed suddenly. We never were able to find out what happened although there was a seven month investigation.

I don't mean to leave this on a downer. Last week my second born son (who is so much like the youngest) told me about this game he thought I would like. It was Stardew Valley. I had just bought an xbox for myself (and since all the kids have moved out, I don't have to share this xbox). I was hooked. I am a teacher and teach from home due to the pandemic. I am using his computer to do my teaching. I looked at steam to see about installing the game on his computer. I found Stardew already there. He had started setting up his farm. He had not gotten very far in the game but it was something to see what he had started. I finished out his first week and remembered how we were going to play. I am going to keep working on his farm because strangely enough, I feel like it is something that we are doing together.

Thanks Stardew for the game. It is nice to feel close to him through this farm.

Alfyna

Sodbuster
What a wonderful way to honor your son's memory and to feel closer to them both. This game has single-handedly saved me from so many would-be panic attacks over the past few months. Even after this is all over, I'll never stop being grateful to Stardew Valley for making it easier for me to cope.

Hope to see more of you around the forum!!!

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear it. Anyway, welcome.

I hope to see you around more. Maybe we can discuss about SDV (or other things) together here in these forums.

Hello there! While I share everyone's empathy with the loss of your first son, my heart swells knowing you have been able to use SDV to connect with your second son. Additionally, welcome to the forums! I fervently hope you are able to make some lasting connections here also.

Nightstrike_76

Greenhorn
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Isn't it amazing how we can still find ways to connect and feel close to those who we've lost, though?