Upgrading the coop?

espmy

Greenhorn
When I get the big coop am I able to just replace the regular coop? If so, what happens to my chickens in the time that it's upgrading?

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm not happy with how the answers were phrased so far, so...

To get a big coop you must have a coop and you upgrade it to a big coop. Then you upgrade that to a deluxe coop. If you want 5 deluxe coops, you must first build 5 coops, upgrade each to big and then upgrade each to deluxe.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
When you on desire a larger coop you must have the previous size in which you upgrade.
all animals remain but you gain the ability to have 4 more animals as well for a total of 4 for regular, 8 for big, and 12 for deluxe.
When robin is actually upgrading the building The building remains the same except robin stays inside and hits it with a hammer, the building and animals inside act exactly the same and you are able to interact with them and the building the same.

Pangaearocks

Planter
A great quality-of-life feature of the deluxe/max-sized barns and coops, is that animals will get autofed with hay (unless they find something outdoors). No longer a need to fiddle with that yourself.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
They do with the deluxe barn and coop, each level adds something for the coops and it’s the last that gives you that ability in which it siphons hay out of a silo and feeds automatically.