Unused furniture

quirmzi

Sodbuster
You should be able to put it in the trash if you drag it over. If you're playing on pc you could also try dropping it in the water?

exodmgz

Greenhorn
You should be able to put it in the trash if you drag it over. If you're playing on pc you could also try dropping it in the water?
when it comes to certain furniture like rewards from the museum you can't drop them, trash them, and can only place them and/or put them in a chest.

Sigrah

Farmer
when it comes to certain furniture like rewards from the museum you can't drop them, trash them, and can only place them and/or put them in a chest.
Or put the ones that can be placed outside right in front of a villager's door so that sooner or later, they destroy it when it gets in their way. I do this with the drum and flute blocks, just leave them right in front of Clint's front door.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Can you still let villagers run over furniture to destroy them? Or was that taken out in 1.5 and now they just kick it to the side for you to pick up later?

Can you still let villagers run over furniture to destroy them? Or was that taken out in 1.5 and now they just kick it to the side for you to pick up later?
I think you might be correct... But if they just get dropped instead of destroyed then you can just avoid them until they despawn. It's not the most convenient solution, but it seems like it would work.

imnvs

Local Legend
Or put the ones that can be placed outside right in front of a villager's door so that sooner or later, they destroy it when it gets in their way. I do this with the drum and flute blocks, just leave them right in front of Clint's front door.
Things you've crafted, like flute blocks, can eventually be put in the Deconstructor to get something back out of them. Just saying. I mean, they don't take up much space in a chest until you can do that, you know?

Boo1972

Farmer
Here is my patented “Leave it With Gunther” method of dealing with unwanted furniture:

Gunther: “Thanks for all your hard work collecting artifacts for the museum. I’d like you to have the complete sloth skeleton.”

Me: “Oh wow that’s a statement. Boy, don’t you think that belongs here? Heh. I’ll tell you what, why don’t you hold on to that until I have room”

Gunther: “Since you found this chicken statue, why don’t I give you a larger example of this particular….”

Me: “A big brown chicken. That’s so great. Can’t have enough chickens! Say, I’m running out of space in my backpack. Let me just take these pumpkin seeds and I’ll pick up that chicken later.”

Gunther: “You’ve been such a good friend to this library and museum, I’d love for you to have this gigantic bear statue.”

Me: takes singing stone and leaves

Of course , once you’ve made the mistake of taking the furniture that’s a different problem. You could put the unwanted items in the middle of some debris and hope they eventually get destroyed. I put a piece of trash in my autograbbers so they function more like a chest- maybe it would hold furniture too?

Of course, there are always bombs.

Sigrah

Farmer
Things you've crafted, like flute blocks, can eventually be put in the Deconstructor to get something back out of them. Just saying. I mean, they don't take up much space in a chest until you can do that, you know?
I've never bought or used the Deconstructor, I'll have to give it a try with my current game and see what it can do.

imnvs

Local Legend
I've never bought or used the Deconstructor, I'll have to give it a try with my current game and see what it can do.
My favorite thing to do is make a hopper with my first radioactive bar, then immediately put it in the deconstructor to get my radioactive bar back so I can make my first heavy tapper. 😁