Standard Farm Tips to decorate the farm

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello Jason!

I love the colours of your farm, especially the green Barn (I might just swipe your idea!).

Here are my suggestions to improve your (already great) farm:

Pick your Paths – You have a lot of paths there! I recommend replacing the paths you don't regularly use with grass, trees, crops, or other natural looking things. I also think it would look great if you replace the Stone Walkway around your Golden Clock/Lightning Rod area and your Solar Panel area with a different path, maybe Brick Floor for the Clock and Rustic Plank Floor underneath the Solar Panels?

On the same note, your Ginger Island Farm has a lack of paths. I think you should add some along the routes you travel the most.

No Hungry Cows – Looks like your animals don't have enough grass. Since you have space below, you could extend their boundary to near the southern pond, if you wanted to. Tea Bushes also work for fences, so you could create a little hedge at the same time.

The More the Better! – Since you have some empty space, you could add a few more Fish Ponds, Sheds, crops or Bee Houses in. You could also add a Well, just for aesthetics. I think some Fruit Trees would look nice, and maybe some Giant Crops here and there. I'd also place some Seasonal Plants.

If you still have space left, how about a forest with a hidden Junimo Hut in the middle? Or an iridium section, filled with as many iridium coloured items as you can fit? Or an outdoor party table, with some tables, chairs and lots of dishes placed on End Tables?

On your Ginger Island Farm, I'd try and make it tie in with the rest of Ginger Island. So, lots of Banana and Mango Saplings, some Taro Tubers, Pineapple, and Mahogany trees, and maybe a few patterns where Golden Walnuts could be hidden? BTW, I love your use of Jungle Torches out on the Ginger Island Farm, it suits the theme so well!

I recommend moving your Kegs inside somewhere or spreading them out, nice and random. You could also add a few more Bee Houses around the Fairy Roses.

I hope this has helped somehow, and I can't wait to see the finished result!

Darth Revan

Sodbuster
Hello Jason!

I love the colours of your farm, especially the green Barn (I might just swipe your idea!).

Here are my suggestions to improve your (already great) farm:

Pick your Paths – You have a lot of paths there! I recommend replacing the paths you don't regularly use with grass, trees, crops, or other natural looking things. I also think it would look great if you replace the Stone Walkway around your Golden Clock/Lightning Rod area and your Solar Panel area with a different path, maybe Brick Floor for the Clock and Rustic Plank Floor underneath the Solar Panels?

On the same note, your Ginger Island Farm has a lack of paths. I think you should add some along the routes you travel the most.

No Hungry Cows – Looks like your animals don't have enough grass. Since you have space below, you could extend their boundary to near the southern pond, if you wanted to. Tea Bushes also work for fences, so you could create a little hedge at the same time.

The More the Better! – Since you have some empty space, you could add a few more Fish Ponds, Sheds, crops or Bee Houses in. You could also add a Well, just for aesthetics. I think some Fruit Trees would look nice, and maybe some Giant Crops here and there. I'd also place some Seasonal Plants.

If you still have space left, how about a forest with a hidden Junimo Hut in the middle? Or an iridium section, filled with as many iridium coloured items as you can fit? Or an outdoor party table, with some tables, chairs and lots of dishes placed on End Tables?

On your Ginger Island Farm, I'd try and make it tie in with the rest of Ginger Island. So, lots of Banana and Mango Saplings, some Taro Tubers, Pineapple, and Mahogany trees, and maybe a few patterns where Golden Walnuts could be hidden? BTW, I love your use of Jungle Torches out on the Ginger Island Farm, it suits the theme so well!

I recommend moving your Kegs inside somewhere or spreading them out, nice and random. You could also add a few more Bee Houses around the Fairy Roses.

I hope this has helped somehow, and I can't wait to see the finished result!
Thank you very much for your tips, I will keep them in mind