Wilderness Farm The Lake House (and Estate)

My current project. This time I was more focused on the grounds - I had the idea for a boardwalk (now brick walk, I guess) by the lake and went from there. This picture's from (late) summer so the oranges are in, but the trees right at the lake side are cherry trees and it's prettier in the spring. I like to imagine the townsfolk strolling through off camera now that I've vanquished the golems and bats.
AvWilds_Grounds.png

I wasn't sure what I wanted inside but I liked the hops-as-ivy wall from the...brick oven pizzeria? here and wanted to see what else I could do with indoor crops. I'm still not sure about the living room - I wanted darker walls and flooring so the plants stood out more but nothing seemed right. I like how the upper floor rooms turned out.
AvWilds_LakeHouse.png

MissDandy

Farmer
Well I sure love it all! I can just imagine the colours in the fall. Also, I love the placement of the obelisks, the placement of all the fruit trees, the benched area and the efficiency of the crop growing areas. As for the inside, I LOVE the bedroom being in the lower room, it's really unique and I haven't seen it before! The flowers and blueberries are such a nice touch. I also love the upper right room with the fish tank, meals and dining area. I really love the open concept of the living room with the wall being demolished too. I actually like the living room floors and colours with the plants... it seems homey and exotic all at the same time. If you don't like it and do change it, I'm sure it would look amazing with the change as well. I wish I had the creativity to do something like this with my farm and house, so great job and I'm jealous!

I LOVE the bedroom being in the lower room ...
What's funny is I keep not intending it when I start and then it keeps happening because all the other rooms are taken - three different farms now I started out using the upper center room as the master bedroom and then wanted something I couldn't put anywhere else (like the Immovable Crib for my kids). The study and the dining area both worked better with a corner layout, although I'm still working on a way to swap them so I don't have to carry dinner across the whole house every night.

Based on the building coloring, I see you're in 1.5.. And you can delete the crib at Robin's.
Of course, that's after there's no longer a baby in there.

Oh, I did...and then I got married and my husband convinced me we should have kids and I went back to Robin for the free reinstall. It turns out that Grandpa's house predates certain Stardew Valley building codes pertaining to child safety and the only place Robin's legally allowed to install a crib is that corner of that room. Even if I could move the crib I'd probably still use that room as the nursery - the kids can share it and still have space to spread out. When my daughter and (currently hypothetical) son are both done with the crib I'll delete it again and move the beds so they each have a side. Hopefully they'll get along well enough that I won't need to literally divide the room.

Over the winter I turned that underdeveloped area on the south side into an outdoor eating area and hidden shedcottage:
GroundsSpring.png
The cottage is my new gameroom/library. With tea and wine on tap at the bar (the kegs are in that back room).
Parlor.png
And I redecorated my living room a bit:
House.png

To an extent. They need watering to get from seed to bloom, but once they bloom they don't need further watering unless you harvest (which I've done more than once accidentally). I had to do daily watering on all the pots until I got the top-tier water retention fertilizer, after which it was just one-and-done.

1FlyCat

Planter
A very eye pleasing aesthetic. It's quite the accomplishment. Clearly you've put a lot of effort into it.

I like the fact that you have coffee in hand in every screen capture. :proud:

Leavo

Planter
You for real have a gift--it's all gorgeous! That bedroom! You even put pretty pathing on the steps! One of your sheds reminds me of my ongoing effort trying to turn a shed into Where the Wild Things Are. I'm definitely adding potted kale! Wanted to add a jungle bed which would have been perfect but discovered you can't put beds in sheds (which makes sense, really). Anyway, just jawdroppingly lovely.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I'm definitely adding potted kale!
I don’t see any Kale. Looks to me like there’s Blueberries, Fairy Roses, and Blue Jazzes in the southern room, Hops and a House Plant in the north-eastern room, and Grapes in the main room and north-western room. I also see some Seasonal Plants at the entrance that you can buy from Robin.

In the Shed it looks like Hops, Tea Bushes and Taro Roots (probably what you thought looked like Kale).

Don’t get me wrong, I think Kale looks great for decoration! I’ve even used it in my design. I’ve also used Taro Roots, and they look pretty similar; Kale is slightly lighter.

I think it’s best to try both, so that you pick the right shade of green.

Could you share your Shed design once you’ve finished? I’d love to see!

Leavo

Planter
You're right, that's taro! I'll definitely try both! And yes, for sure--I've been struggling with the flooring because I wanted some blue for water but the rest the green with leaves. I thought I had seen something like that here (this whole thing is pretty amazing): https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/funemployment-shed-designs.4118/#post-24842 but I think now it's actually 'separated' by crafted flooring. I might try using grass and see if that gets me closer. Anyway, thank you for pointing that out!

I don’t see any Kale. Looks to me like there’s Blueberries, Fairy Roses, and Blue Jazzes in the southern room, Hops and a House Plant in the north-eastern room, and Grapes in the main room and north-western room. I also see some Seasonal Plants at the entrance...In the Shed it looks like Hops, Tea Bushes and Taro Roots...
Correct on all counts! I need to take another look at kale; I'm working on a forest farm right now and "multiple shades of green" are both an obvious design path and a weak spot for me visually.

Leavo, I'll be interested in the shed too - "water" (and for that matter, actual water) decor options are limited. You've got the blue carpet option the funemployment sheds use, crystal flooring, a lighter blue tile option, and, well, then things get...creative. The crystal-path-on-greenery-carpet in this thread's farmhouse kitchen is supposed to evoke a winding river, but it really only looks like that in winter when the path turns blue.