Switch [BUG] The infamous glitch; update inquiry?

MaidenOfGore

Farmhand
Has anyone heard anything about the bat issue on Switch? I have pretty much quit the game cause I got so burnt out after nearly 2 in game years of searching for the mummified bat. I know there was talk of fixing it before but that never actually happened.
Just wondering if I've missed anymore rumors about fixing it. Would love to get back into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

thelemonfairy

Newcomer
So I literally just signed up to the forums (long time reader - first time poster) to reply to you!
I have no idea if any updates or changes happened BUT after suffering with this issue myself and giving up searching until there was a solution, I finally got the damn thing last weekend on a totally random trip to the volcano. Second floor, random rock, napalm ring, no luck buffs. And two days later I got a second one (which seems to be the report from others? That once you have one there's no more issue with it dropping?)
I'm sorry I know how unhelpful it is that I didn't have a specific strategy but like you I had total burnout from that stupid bat (particularly after I did the Qi's crop quest, which others have reported seems to "fix" the drop rate) Good luck to you!!

Geoman265

Tiller
I had some issues with the quest (on xbox) but nowhere near as bad as you two, likely just bad luck. I have completed the qi's crop quest, although I believe that was completed after I got the mummified bat.

The thing I am having trouble getting are the two snake vertebrae. I haven't gotten a single one.

dubesor

Farmhand
For the bat the droprate is 0.5% so roughly 1 in 200 rocks (stone - not nodes). I can find one pretty much consistently on every run on PC/Steam 1.5.4 but the spawnrate might be bugged on Switch.

For the vertebrae I could not find the second one within 1 full year of daily scouting the entire western area, even when reloading on unsuccessful digs. What helped immensely was clearing the farm plot and thus allowing many more opportunities for Artifact spots to spawn.

MaidenOfGore

Farmhand
So I literally just signed up to the forums (long time reader - first time poster) to reply to you!
I have no idea if any updates or changes happened BUT after suffering with this issue myself and giving up searching until there was a solution, I finally got the damn thing last weekend on a totally random trip to the volcano. Second floor, random rock, napalm ring, no luck buffs. And two days later I got a second one (which seems to be the report from others? That once you have one there's no more issue with it dropping?)
I'm sorry I know how unhelpful it is that I didn't have a specific strategy but like you I had total burnout from that stupid bat (particularly after I did the Qi's crop quest, which others have reported seems to "fix" the drop rate) Good luck to you!!
Well I feel honored!! Thank you for replying! The Qi fruit quest is a pretty common "fix" it sounds like.. I haven't got the quest yet but I guess it's about time I give it a shot. Thanks so much for the input and if you decide to stay as a commenter/poster on the forums, welcome! :)
I had some issues with the quest (on xbox) but nowhere near as bad as you two, likely just bad luck. I have completed the qi's crop quest, although I believe that was completed after I got the mummified bat.

The thing I am having trouble getting are the two snake vertebrae. I haven't gotten a single one.
The 2nd Vertebrate was really painful for me too but eventually I got by sheer luck one day. I didn't do anything special for it, was just messin around digging and out it popped.

nerdmanpap

Greenhorn
I'm still hunting for a mummified bat on Switch myself - if there is any news of the patch being completed and waiting on nintendo to certify it that would be great to hear!

Geoman265

Tiller
As of a few days ago, I have gotten a snake vertabrae (on xbox), so I guess I was just unlucky. I have no way to confirm whether it is bugged on other versions, though.

liquidcat

Staff member
Unfortunately there is no new info about this issue, hopefully we will find out what's going on with the artifact soon!

Sunfastrose

Greenhorn
I was frustrated trying to find it but finally did...and I swear it was like the floodgates opened; I found five within a few days of each other (Stardew days, not IRL)