the elusive aquamarine

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I know this has probably been asked before, but what's the deal with not being able to find an aquamarine node? I've run the mines a couple of times, and sold a few aquamarines. But now that I need one for the island quests, I can't find one to save my life. I did the entire mine....again and got as far as I could in the skull cavern without dying. It's beyond frustrating. If I didn't need an aquamarine, they'd be everywhere. :whistle:

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, gems can be hit or miss. It's probably just bad luck. (And this is why I'm a hoarder. 😉)

Anhaga

Rancher
I know this has probably been asked before, but what's the deal with not being able to find an aquamarine node? I've run the mines a couple of times, and sold a few aquamarines. But now that I need one for the island quests, I can't find one to save my life. I did the entire mine....again and got as far as I could in the skull cavern without dying. It's beyond frustrating. If I didn't need an aquamarine, they'd be everywhere. :whistle:
That's wild! I have so many aquamarines on most of my saves that I will trash them if I run out of room on a mine run. Focus on the frost cave and dungeon sections of the normal mines--I've found the most aquamarine there.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I've tried it all. Going on lucky days, eating lucky foods, eating lucky foods before I go on a lucky day. But I didn't pack my lucky rabbits foot before I loaded up on a lucky lunch and headed out the door on a lucky day. :smile:

Bubbub

Greenhorn
For some reason I have the problem with clay, which is so easy to find, when I don't need it and just want to till my farmland i get hundreds, but throw it away as I don't need, but as soon as i need it, clay becomes practically non-existent!

Phate4569

Planter
FYI, carrying a rabbit's foot has no effect on luck (despite what the item description might imply).
Despite me knowing this I STILL carry iridium rabbits feet.

This save I was going for both group scenes and tucked in an iridium foot just in case I accidentally triggered.

Same day (in Year 2) I got 1 Prismatic Shard from an Omni-Geode, 2 from grubs in mutant bug cave (and 4 ancient seeds), and 1 from a Shadow Brute.

4 shards in one day without a mine deep dive has never happened to me before. They may not be a coded as affecting luck, but I'll be damned if they didn't affect real luck.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I finally found an aquamarine! ...plus three more within five minutes!! After a good month of looking high and low for a stupid aquamarine, I found four in a row on Ginger Island. Went there, like I do every day. First thing a gem bird drops one, two seconds later, I pan for one. Go into the volcano and a dwarvish sentry drops one. Go home, crack open a golden coconut, and you guessed it. Another aquamarine. I think the game took pity on me. lol

Xx_Aikra_xX

Tiller

Levels 40-70 are the best place to find them naturally, otherwise skull caverns.