Creator Response Tabletop Simulator

Symetemys

Newcomer
Is there any chance of this coming to Tabletop simulator in the future, either as DLC or a workshop mod?

HarvestFarmer

Greenhorn
I believe they want this to happen but they just aren't sure on when they would be able to get around to uploading all the content.

ConraDargo

Tiller
"Tabletop Sim was enormously helpful as we developed this game. Not only did it allow us to playtest a lot, but it was easy to iterate on components and rules very quickly. I discussed it with ConcernedApe and we would love to get a version of the final game into Tabletop for people to try out! It'll just take a little time for me to upload everything with the final artwork."

Quote from Twitter!

viotech3

Greenhorn
Yep! As soon as I can get it in there, we'll release it so folks can try out the game and play with people online. Once I sit down to upload everything it shouldn't take tooo long hopefully.
Is there anyway people such as myself can help? I'd be happy to help! Tentatively trying to do what one of your Devs did by streaming the actual table, but it would be much easier if it was in Tabletop. There is a sorta charm to streaming an actual table, though, I admit. <3

Last edited:

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Is there anyway people such as myself can help? I'd be happy to help! Tentatively trying to do what one of your Devs did by streaming the actual table, but it would be much easier if it was in Tabletop. There is a sorta charm to streaming an actual table, though, I admit. <3
I appreciate the offer! Honestly I just need to carve out a few hours to do it. I have all the artwork and whatnot, and I started laying it out to be uploaded, I just need to finish. We love the idea of it being available for folks to try out, especially since the game is not widely available yet.

Lavakatana

Farmhand
I appreciate the offer! Honestly I just need to carve out a few hours to do it. I have all the artwork and whatnot, and I started laying it out to be uploaded, I just need to finish. We love the idea of it being available for folks to try out, especially since the game is not widely available yet.
Give me the artwork files, I'll have it on TTS tonight. Shoot, I'll play hooky and call in a sub to cover my classes and I'll have it up by noon if you send the files to me right now.

I wanna play some SDVBG!

(I have experience creating on TTS)

viotech3

Greenhorn
Sounds good, no worries! For me it's mostly the aforementioned challenge of streaming a boardgame (Lighting, angle, readability, etc); all doable but challenging. I know you're doing your best to get everything you're doing, done, so no worries <3

Sooo... I might have gotten kind of excited after reading the rules and ordering the game that I might have started scripting a Module. At this point, I am just waiting on my copy to get shipped and arrive here so I could scan it in and fix some placement of stuff. I didn't realize you were going to try and make an official module until recently!

Of note, I have a setup script for each style of setup (Standard, Optional Season Cards, and Artisan Scoring), a toggle for a short or long game, a button to replace forageables when the seasons change, and a few others.

Would that be helpful to you in any way?

Last edited:

Lavakatana

Farmhand
Sooo... I might have gotten kind of excited after reading the rules and ordering the game that I might have started scripting a Module. At this point, I am just waiting on my copy to get shipped and arrive here so I could scan it in and fix some placement of stuff. I didn't realize you were going to try and make an official module until recently!

Of note, I have a setup script for each style of setup (Standard, Optional Season Cards, and Artisan Scoring), a toggle for a short or long game), something to replace forageables when the seasons change, and a few others.

Would that be helpful to you in any way?
The hero we need.

Also, if your copy arrives before its on TTS, be a good Pelican neighbor and get that thing on TTS for me please bud <3

The hero we need.

Also, if your copy arrives before its on TTS, be a good Pelican neighbor and get that thing on TTS for me please bud <3
I don't mind uploading it, as I don't think it would bother them. As I said though, my copy hasn't even shipped yet, and I would still need some time after I get it to make some tweaks.

Also, in Colito's defense, I'm sure all of this release stuff has been keeping him rather busy :laugh:. Dude has replied/helped a lot of people in this Forum. It taking him a while to upload to TTS I don't think has bothered either of us too much :P.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I don't mind uploading it, as I don't think it would bother them. As I said though, my copy hasn't even shipped yet, and I would still need some time after I get it to make some tweaks.
Since his copy hasn't shipped, yet, and we don't know exactly how long it will take for the 2nd run, I'm sure that if someone were to (privately) send this guy the rules (typed or scanned) it would help him a lot in making the TTS modules or whatever it is he's doing.

Assuming of course Colito and Ape have no objections.

Lavakatana

Farmhand
Since his copy hasn't shipped, yet, and we don't know exactly how long it will take for the 2nd run, I'm sure that if someone were to (privately) send this guy the rules (typed or scanned) it would help him a lot in making the TTS modules or whatever it is he's doing.

The rules are posted in several places, but here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3x4p8nw2yr1a3j/Stardew Rules for Download.pdf?dl=0

The rules don't have all the cards and what not, so you can't make the TTS game from just that.

If they were to send us the artwork for all the cards and such, we could start getting into TTS.

It is actually the components I need, I read the rules online.

That said, my copy apparently shipped a few hours ago. Its going from FL to GA so hopefully I get it this weekend.

Lavakatana

Farmhand
It is actually the components I need, I read the rules online.

That said, my copy apparently shipped a few hours ago. Its going from FL to GA so hopefully I get it this weekend.
There are components lists, but not the actual components, otherwise I would've had a nonscripted version posted already ; p

ConraDargo

Tiller
Wow that was quick, nicely done! I eagerly await for your copy to arrive so that you can get all the graphics in place! :D

And yes, seeing as how much Cole has on his hands right now with the forum, FAQ, shipping and the next print-run, I'd say it could take him some time before the game gets an official TTS release, so you keep up the good work with your own Module! ^^

ConraDargo

Tiller
Seems like there are plenty more ppl working on this at BGG as well: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2614753/community-unite-call-tabletop-simulator-assets

And Cole even replied in the thread, saying "We have no issue with this (I'll let you know if for some odd reason that changes!) We talked about it and we love the idea of people having access to this via Tabletop. I meant to do it but right now so much of my attention is being spent making sure folks from the first print run have their games and also setting up for the next print run. Good luck!"