Support detached Joy Con controls for split-screen on Nintendo Switch

okwil

Newcomer
Please forgive me if this is a re-post, but I (surprisingly) haven't seen a feature request for this yet.

Now that local split-screen co-op has been added in 1.5, it would be nice to support detached Joy Con controls for Nintendo Switch players. Previously, I don't think there has been a use case for such a feature, but now that more than one player can play on the same Switch at once, detached Joy Con support would allow many players (like my wife and I) who only have one set of Joy Cons to play split-screen.

ijac

Greenhorn
+1. I was hoping for this so my 4 kids can play together. I have 2 sets of joy cons. It's too pricey to get 2 more sets of joy cons

Tarpii

Greenhorn
Hi ijac, the Switch is limited to 2 player split screen so this would not resolve your issue.

ijac

Greenhorn
Oh really? That's too bad. I hadn't seen that explained anywhere.

@Tarpii So why can you add multiple cabins if it's limited to 2 players? Is it, 4 players can share a farm but only 2 can play at a time?

Tarpii

Greenhorn
Oh really? That's too bad. I hadn't seen that explained anywhere.

@Tarpii So why can you add multiple cabins if it's limited to 2 players? Is it, 4 players can share a farm but only 2 can play at a time?
Hi @ijac, I've suppose you could build multiple cabins to house multiple players. Although would need to rotate the two active split screen players, whilst the others took a rest! I haven't been able to test it out yet. At home, my children have their own farms and each has a guest farmer / cabin for whoever is helping out that day. 😁

Odin

Staff member
Each farm can have four people play together via online multiplayer, which is why there are four cabins. But there's a limit of two for splitscreen. An advantage to having four cabins is that more than two people can have a character on the farm, so you can play on the same farm with a few different people via splitscreen.