Xbox stardew valley co-op saves keep getting corrupted (xbox console)

dwarflover420

Greenhorn
me and my best friend created a co-op world on the xbox gamepass version of stardew valley, and on year 5, after a decent amount of progression, it got corrupted after my bsf fell asleep with it open (i left the game). after being pissed off for a good month or so, we decided to give it a second chance & make a new world. i ended up getting WAAAYYYY further in than the last save, considering we were very careful in making sure that she didn't fall asleep with the game open. i had like 300,000gs and access to almost every part of the map. i logged off after noticing she fell asleep again though and got pretty worried, but i didn't think it would ACTUALLY happen. i was thinking 'what are the chances if a save has already gotten corrupted once?' but then, we tried logging on tonight, and it's gone AGAIN. it just says 'new farmer' in replacement of the save. it's a 50/50 chance apparently. all im asking is for someone to please patch this, because i've seen at least 10 different people complain about this exact thing since release, on every platform without any solution. i understand that she shouldn't have fallen asleep with it open, but lets be serious right now... so many people fall asleep with different games open and that doesn't happen. the second corruption was ridiculous, what's the point of playing a game if the saves are inaccessible??? we're done with it on xbox for now since it apparently seems that stardew only runs right in singleplayer. no offense to the developers, im sure coding isnt easy but this is just very frustrating. that's so many months gone and so much time wasted. :\

dwarflover420

Greenhorn
im clarifying 'done on xbox' btw, because we're trying it out on PC since it's easier to access files. i'm not saying that's going good either though because it'll barely even launch on my best friends computer, and when it does, it either lags real bad or it just completely crashes. this happens no matter where u install it from because she owns both the xbox gamepass pc edition and the steam version (she doesnt have both installed at the same time so that's absolutely not the issue here). it just sucks because it seems like we can't play stardew on any platform without encountering some type of game-breaking issue. did i mention that on one of the spoken of xbox worlds, we also got stuck in the story progression for a good month or so because the museum collection decided to basically reset itself out of nowhere? im lowkey surprised that this game hasn't gained a reputation for its bugs

Last edited: