[Spoilers] Strange Capsule

undead.boi

Newcomer
Hello!! Im very interested in the strange capsule game event as I recently had it occur on my farm for the first time, and very little information is available on it in the wiki/on reddit.
I had the strange capsule appear on my farm in late summer year 2, and after waiting 3 days (like it says on the wiki), nothing happened! I left the capsule as is, and after multiple weeks, on Fall 12, the capsule finally broke! I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences with this event.
Also, this is my first forum post! Hello and let me know if ive formatted something wrong or put this in the wrong place! have a great day :^)

imnvs

Local Legend
It does appear the event has been tweaked. It can only happen once after 1.5.3, but it seems the duration before it breaks is now variable. The wiki probably hasn't been updated to include new and correct information because nobody knows what the correct information is on that yet.

Fonselot

Farmhand
It does appear the event has been tweaked. It can only happen once after 1.5.3, but it seems the duration before it breaks is now variable. The wiki probably hasn't been updated to include new and correct information because nobody knows what the correct information is on that yet.
I read that, but I had one capsule appearing after the 1.5, another one after the 1.5.2 and a third one after the 1.5.3... So I am not sure if this is really fixed. It is not really a problem, but I dunno what to do with 3 broken capsules...

Ereo

Helper
Maybe the game can't read it whether the event happened before the fix in 1.5.3. I would only assume the fix didn't work if you had more than one since the fix was applied.

imnvs

Local Legend
I read that, but I had one capsule appearing after the 1.5, another one after the 1.5.2 and a third one after the 1.5.3... So I am not sure if this is really fixed. It is not really a problem, but I dunno what to do with 3 broken capsules...
My wife had a second Strange Capsule event happen after 1.5.3 as well, after having one at 1.5.0. I assume that the bit set by the event wasn't introduced until 1.5.3, so only the event happening after updating to 1.5.3 will prevent those future repeat occurrences of the event. You know what I mean? Basically the same thing as @Ereo was saying.

undead.boi

Newcomer
that makes sense! i wonder what sort of range i can find if i look through these forums!

undead.boi

Newcomer
dang seems like the spawn rate has really been upped, thats crazy

LRangerR

Local Legend
I think some of the random events are pretty pointless, but i like them, its nice to have random occurrences that i dont have to worry about (especially since the capsule landed so close to my animals, i almost wanted to be worried about them)
Was it near your cows?!

Salonpad

Farmhand
i had it in my first year , and the fairy event too . All in spring, i guess im pretty lucky :blush: What if whatever inside the capsule would randomly appear at night to give player a jump scare though… that would be funny

Ereo

Helper
i had it in my first year , and the fairy event too . All in spring, i guess im pretty lucky :blush: What if whatever inside the capsule would randomly appear at night to give player a jump scare though… that would be funny
you see a strange figure running between bushes after it escaped