Issue SMAPI and .net

ShelbyGates

Greenhorn
I downloaded SMAPI but when I go to install it it says I need to instal .net and I did but then when I go to install SMAPI it opens for a split second and closes. What can I do?

FionaDanger

Greenhorn
I had the same problem this was my fix:

Remove completely all dot net on your PC: any 64x, any 32x, anything found in the uninstall window, all the files in both program files 86x and 64x; then run cleanmgr on the primary drive; then restart your pc and then reinstall dot net framework.

Dustverse

Newcomer

Remove completely all dot net on your PC: any 64x, any 32x, anything found in the uninstall window, all the files in both program files 86x and 64x; then run cleanmgr on the primary drive; then restart your pc and then reinstall dot net framework.
I am using mac and I can't use the uninstall tool somehow. Do you know any other ways to uninstall every .net?

Tenmaku

Newcomer

Hey! I'm experiencing the same problem. How do you go about this step by step in removing it all?