Hill-top Farm SilverHorn Farm (year 4)

This is my current save. I’m working on making as many kegs as I can and hopefully getting another pond soon. I’ve also been thinking about swapping my cows and chickens/ducks. I’m still on the fence. I’m also unsure about what to do with those mushroom trees~ any suggestions would be nice.

Let me know what you think!
A5681D56-276C-4E01-8041-9128A273A7A6.jpeg

Odin

Staff member
Nice layout! One thing some people do is put sheds, coops, or barns in the quarry area, if you need more space elsewhere. And I'd say keep the mushroom trees!

MrTeapoT

Farmhand
Nice work!

Let me share mine to you. Hope you got any idea from my.
SanjiKunn_3-4-2021_58510046.png
(Winter 25th, 4th year)

- Going to put down GRASS Starter and fence for Barn and Coop(with gate) : Reduce cost from Hay :blush:
- Design for self-sustainable(Sprinkler>Junimo) with Scarecrow covered

Ah, I got suggest for you
1. In late-game, you won't need much profit from Quarry area. So go and take full advantage from these space.
2. Mushroom tree shouldn't be a big deal. (in Ver. 1.5) Mr.Qi can provide you Mushroom seed in some way.
3. I like to position coop near the river. So I'll have some chance to see my duck SWIM :wink:

Tips : Put lightning rod over grass patch to prevent your animals eat 'em all.

Thanks for share this lovely layout. Barely see another Hill-top layout all the time.

Have a nice game :)

Last edited:
My Hilltop farm (Year 4) is very focused on animals and fishponds rather than crops. I have a VERY productive greenhouse. The upper area between the greenhouse and the house has a junimo hut and is my only farmland for crops right now. Almost completely opposite of the route you have taken!

Anyhow, advice for your farm:
  • Yes, more fishponds will fit nicely! One more will fit below the shed next to the existing one.
  • If you swap the coops and the barn like you were thinking, try to put one of the coops on the grassy area where your trees are currently. That way you don't take up space you could be growing grass on to feed your coops animals.
  • I disagree a little about putting buildings in the quarry since you can get a lot of geodes, stone, and coal there (coal for kegs, geodes usefull if still working on Museum Collection). Depends on where you are at as to if it is a good idea for you.
  • Mushroom trees are usefull and can be tapped to get more mushrooms! Also they are fun to look at. Looks like they are in as good a place as any if you want to leave them there.
  • You may be able to shift your silos to somewhere else and then adjust the placement of your greenhouse and shed to free up more space up top. Worth some thought and maybe check on Stardew Planner first to see if it would work for you.
Great farm! Thank you for sharing and please give us an update latter on what you decided and how things are going!