SDV mirroring real life themes? - !

I keep meaning to finally stop playing so often in order to get on with my real life projects... but then I realise every time that Stardew Valley mirrors the current themes of my RL! Always! At the moment, for example, I feel tied up in the game because I can't "get into my rhythm" at all, since there's always something going on: berry time, orders, quests, birthdays ... And this is exactly how I feel IRL.
In short: the game helps me recognise my real problems more clearly and find virtual solutions for them.

I'm curious if anyone experiences something similar?

MissDandy

Farmer
I think this is interesting, and I bet most of us have farms and farmers that mimic our own behaviour more than we realize. I think of the game more of an escape from reality... more like an idealistic version of what I wish my life could be like (organized, adventurous, lots of friends). Maybe we feel like the game reflects our lives because of how we see ourselves, or wish to? I'd imagine it's also pretty easy for us to pick out the similarities between the game and our real lives because we want to, after all, who wouldn't want to think they're living it up like our farmers in SDV??

Maybe it’s the way you play that reflects upon the game. Probably what makes the game so great, stuff you do in real life gets you caught up in the game.
MissDandy said:
I think this is interesting, and I bet most of us have farms and farmers that mimic our own behaviour more than we realize.
Yes, of course, I also think that you play in a similar way as you behave in everyday life and that the game is thus able to mirror everyday problems. I still think it's amazing because it gives you the opportunity to see your everyday problems more clearly and, if all goes well, to find a solution for them: I don't get to devote myself to what I actually want to do because I'm constantly on the road for others? Okay, do I really have to accept every job from others? Maybe not.

But I was mainly interested to know if others here have made similar observations?

MissDandy said:
I think of the game more of an escape from reality... more like an idealistic version of what I wish my life could be like (organized, adventurous, lots of friends).
Me too. Just turning on SDV after a stressful day, the opening sequence, the music, it's like homecoming, so relaxing.

And it's so marvellous that almost every activity in the game is successful and brings a reward - quite different from irl. Or do you know someone who collects everything you've created during the day at night, and in the morning you're sure to have the money for it in your account? :grin: And not just a little! :g::g::g:

So, SDV is - for me at least - three things: relaxation, an ideal alternative world and a problem-solving tool.

Rhiannon

Farmer
Interesting question and you might get as many different answers as there are people. We're all at different places in life, location as well as time, situations, relationships, etc.

As for me, in all games I play, I role play a good part of myself. I make choices in the game based on what I would choose if it was really me making those decisions. We all have had difficulties in life. I'm no different. But I "delete" those difficult times in my games. I don't role play divorce or other sad times for example. And of course we can all be multimillionaires without playing the lottery!