Standard Farm Sapling Farm Progress Thread

I keep making new farms, and new progress threads for each one of them! But this time, I have a good feeling about it...
Anyway, my farm is called Sapling Farm, and I currently have a Coop and a Silo in Spring Year 1. I've been working on romancing Shane, I just danced with him in the flower dance... Ah, I'm in love :heart: :shane:
Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 8.54.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 8.54.27 PM.png
Mostly everybody's on 1 or 2 hearts (except for Shane, he's at 5 hearts because I love him), and none of the CC bundles are done yet, except for the Spring foraging and crops bundle. Also, in regards to planting I have around 200 basic fertilizer stocked up, so that’ll be helpful.
I'm aiming to have every marriage candidate at max hearts before I marry Shane. Why? Because otherwise Shane might get jealous when I marry him and give gifts to other dateable NPCs, and it always breaks my heart when he gets “suspicious” of me... Like, I love you and only you! I just want to get to max hearts with everyone else :( Sad, because I wanted to marry him first thing.
I also want to have the Greenhouse before Winter Year 1, but I'm not sure if that will happen. Crossing my fingers!
Here's my upload.farm link
That's all for now, folks! I'll post more later, as my farm progresses!

Last edited:
Good luck on Sapling Farm! What kind of skills and produce do you want to specialize in?
Nothing specifically, but I’m aiming for Level 10 Foraging by the end of Year 1. This save is just a casual save that I want to actually finish for once 😂

Last edited:
Another update! (A small one, however)

1. Got the Farm Cave! For the first time *ever* I chose the Mushroom Cave. I'm excited! However, I don't really know how it works. Can anyone give me some pointers on the cave? I don't know when the boxes will fill up with mushrooms, when the best time to harvest them is, etc. Anyway, here are some screenshots of Demetrius asking me to set up a Farm Cave. Also, my farmer does have eyes, it's just that she was blinking when I took the screenshot lol <- Spoiler for when you hit 25,000g in earnings
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 9.45.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 9.45.57 PM.png

2. My heart levels! Shane is at the top :shane: :heart: and Pam is second because she is easy to gift to (gold quality parsnips, anyone?)
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 9.59.32 PM.png

3. The Junimo Plush! It's actually my first time getting it in Spring Year 1! It looks adorable in my tiny, tiny house. When I get the upgrade for the nursery I'm planning to put the plush near the cribs! <- Spoiler for a secret that takes place at 12:00 am on the 28th of any season
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 10.09.48 PM.png

4. Playing JotPK with Abigail! I lost, as always, but it was fun :abigail: <- Spoiler for Abigail's 2 heart event
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 10.01.53 PM.png

5. My Coop, with 3 new chickens! They're still babies, but they have a lot of grass to eat and a *moderate* amount of land to explore! I say moderate because their enclosure is pretty small. I may increase it later when I have a Barn and have cleared out my farm.
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 9.47.52 PM.png

The images under the spoiler button are not actual spoilers (unless the text above them is blurred out). They are just really big pictures, so I didn't want them to appear unless you wanted to see them.
I'll update more soon! Probably there will be a new update in a week or so.
Take care, everyone! :stardrop::heart::crop:

imnvs

Local Legend
Re: Mushroom Cave
Harvest whenever they are available. The code on when they are available each day is a bit odd, and it is based on when you go to bed. The later you go to bed, the sooner they will be available the next day. If you wait until 2 and pass out every night, the mushrooms will be available at 1230pm. I usually just harvest them anytime in the later afternoon or evening when I'm going past, or make sure I have a couple minutes at the end of each day to grab them quick.

Re: Mushroom Cave
Harvest whenever they are available. The code on when they are available each day is a bit odd, and it is based on when you go to bed. The later you go to bed, the sooner they will be available the next day. If you wait until 2 and pass out every night, the mushrooms will be available at 1230pm. I usually just harvest them anytime in the later afternoon or evening when I'm going past, or make sure I have a couple minutes at the end of each day to grab them quick.
Thanks! I usually stay out until 1:00 or 2:00 am, so I’ll keep that in mind!

Minor minor minor update:
First mushroom cave harvest, and I got red mushrooms and drumroll... a Chanterelle! Is that rare? (I think it is, but I’m not sure)
Also, should I save future mushrooms for a Life Elixer? I sold the Chanterelle, but in the future shoudl I keep it?

imnvs

Local Legend
I would sell at least one of each, for the Full Shipment achievement. After that I wouldn't sell any, as they are not common.

Also, the only use for chanterelles, red mushrooms and purple mushrooms is making Life Elixers. Morels are also used in cooking, but the dish they are used to cook isn't the best (though it isn't bad), and you needn't cook more than 1 for Master Chef. So, yeah, make Life Elixers.

In my experience, once you get mushroom trees, it will be morels and chanterelles that are your limiter for making Life Elixers, so I wouldn't sell any.

One more update!
saplingfarmyear1summer.png
I planted a bunch of melons, a few chilies, some blueberries, and a tomato or two with basic quality fertilizer. My coop has three chickens that produce regular quality small eggs, and I remember to feed them every day (unlike my first save lol)
Some highlights from my upload.farm:
  • Friendships:
    • Shane - 7/10 (I'm in that stage where I really want to give him a bouquet but I know I have to keep giving him pizzas for one more week and I-)
    • Pam - 5/10
    • Emily - 4/10
    • Vincent - 4/10
    • Jas - 4/10
  • Monster Kills
    • Dust Sprites - 61
    • Frost Bat - 55
    • Grub - 47
    • Green Slime - 44
    • Frost Jelly - 40
  • Mine Depth - 75
  • Hours Played - 11.2 hours
  • Skills
    • Farming - Level 5, Tiller
    • Mining - Level 5, Gemologist
    • Foraging - 4
    • Fishing - 3
    • Combat - 4
That's all for now! I'll update when I give Shane a bouquet :shane: :heart: :stardrop:

New update!
I got the minecarts! To me they are super useful so I'm super happy.
Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 10.01.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 10.11.40 PM.png

Also, I planted a bunch of stuff and got to level 85 in the mines so yay! Here's a small part of my farm (notice the gold bars and melons, I also planted some wild seeds yesterday so those are the ones at the bottom). I'm going to use the gold bars to upgrade my pickaxe from iron to gold.
Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 10.12.14 PM.png
Oh... and I also got my first Morel from the mushroom cave! I saved it, (thanks imnvs for telling me to do that) for making Life Elixers.
That's all for today. I'll post more updates soon!
P.S. I'm aiming for around 1-2 updates every week! Which means I'm going to have to work hard to do stuff to update about lol :sweat:

Last edited:
Yay! Now I'm at the fun point where I'm kind of in the middle-game ish, and I have many, many things to do. Sadly - I don't have the 1.5 update yet. Hopefully, it comes to Chromebook soon! (Does anyone know when the update for mobile is likely to happen?)
Updates:
  1. My crops! I finally got sprinklers :spring::leaf:
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.14.29 PM.png
  2. My house! I got the second upgrade (some would say too late, but I had a lot of things to do before getting the upgrade) :house:
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.13.51 PM.png
  3. My Mushroom Cave has been producing consistently. Sometimes I have bad harvests like this, with completely common mushrooms, but once in a while I get Chanterelles and Morelles. :mushroom:
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.17.17 PM.png
  4. My Coop! This is when I hadn't harvested in a long time. I think I'm close to getting large eggs now! :bchicken::wchicken:
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.16.24 PM.png
  5. My heart levels :heart:
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.15.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.15.50 PM.png
  6. My skills :sprout:
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.14.46 PM.png
  7. Still so much to craft! :bolt:
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.15.12 PM.png
That's it for now! More to come soon :flower::crop:

Odin

Staff member
Looks like you're making good progress!
Sadly - I don't have the 1.5 update yet. Hopefully, it comes to Chromebook soon! (Does anyone know when the update for mobile is likely to happen?)
Unfortunately mobile is usually the last to get updates. Here's what ConcernedApe said in his announcement post:
It’s available right now on PC, and will come to consoles early next year. Mobile should follow later, but there’s no timeline yet.

Hi everyone!

More updates! I plan to add a barn and maybe another coop soon, I will update when I add those buildings.

1. Finally organized my farm a little bit! (Notice the fence around my coop and the place where I'm planning to put my barn)
    saplingfarmfallyear1.png
  2. I wasn't able to get very good products for my grange display, so I just used Mayor Lewis' shorts.:shorts:
  3. Upgraded my house! (I have the animated furniture mod which is why my furniture looks a little different)
    Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.57.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.58.56 PM.png
  4. I repaired the Bus!
    Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 9.22.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 9.22.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 9.35.52 PM.png
  5. Some overall highlights from my upload.farm
    -Current Funds: 30,787g
    -Total Earnings: 131,128g
    -Health: 145
    -Stamina: 304
    -Steps Taken: 109,647
    -Mine Depth: Level 120
    -Time Played: 22.3 hours
  6. Friendship levels are high! Shane's 9/10 and Pam's 8/10, and the other people... well... let me just say that although most of the NPCs are above 2 hearts they're pretty much all below 6 hearts. But I'm getting there!
  7. Skills are getting high(er)!
    -Farming: 8
    -Mining: 7
    -Foraging: 6
    -Fishing: 4
    -Combat: 7
That's it for now!

Attachments

Last edited: