Forest Farm Rhodes' Farm Progress Log

oddpine

Sodbuster
Year 1
Y1S1.pngY1S2.pngY1S3.pngY1S4.png
Wanting to keep track of my farm's design and progress over time and an ongoing process of figuring out the forest farm that's most aesthetically pleasing to me. Farm is modded but largely just aesthetic stuff.

I'm happy about how the barn and coop looks, except for the pathing. The location is good and the fence is nice and keeps the animals from wandering into where I planted crops. Not that they damage them, but it's annoying to have them there when I'm trying to harvest things. At some point, I'll replace it with more cobblestone, or something. I like what's ended up happening with the pond that I planted a bunch of trees around so that I could get enough maple syrup/oak resin/pine tar. I know what I'm going to be doing with the rest of the fish ponds, but that's still in progress.

I've also been hanging out in the sewers to buy iridium sprinklers from Krobus and that has been so nice because I have almost no iridium yet. I could take screenshots of inside the greenhouse but it's not super exciting because that's just slowly becoming Ancient Fruit and Fruit Trees. The house also looks bad since I've done absolutely no interior decorating and things are just everywhere. I'm also really not sure what I want to do with the paths in general or the bee houses, maybe I'll cut down the fruit trees over by the caves

Last edited:

oddpine

Sodbuster
Year 2
Y2S1.pngY2S2.pngY2S3.pngY2S4.png

Got the fish ponds set up! Also redid the order of my animal buildings because I usually do coop stuff before barn stuff. Cut down the fruit trees outside the greenhouse as I've been planting all of them inside the greenhouse.

Made a point each season to get the crops I needed for achievement reasons and finished filling up the greenhouse with Ancient Fruit and shed with Kegs and basement with Casks so I don't have to really think about money at all. Did run out of pretty much everything except oak resin while trying to make enough kegs for all the ancient fruit but got there in the end. I have been putting off preserve jars for awhile though, and there's a stockpile of fish roe in the chest.

Had to wait until winter to move my crops one space over and redid a bunch of my fences so that I could get a path under them. Realizing as I look at this that I want to move the greenhouse one tile to the right and that's going to have to wait a little. Big fan of Gwen's Paths for these here, especially the crystal path.

Also my Spirit's Eve costume for this year:
Y2Halloween1.png

Last edited:

oddpine

Sodbuster
Year 3
Y3S1.pngY3S2.pngY3S3.pngY3S4.png

Finished off all the Special Order quests that gave me new crafting recipes and eventually worked my way through all of those for that achievement. Managed to shift out the Ancient Fruit Wine in the shed out one day early so that I could replace it with Starfruit all at once, and built another shed to continue handling the Ancient Fruit. Currently growing 288 Starfruits that I harvest every two weeks and leave me with 16 extra after being processed.

In summer, moved the Greenhouse down one tile and right one tile, so that the 3 width path would lineup with the cave. Got more paths done, and steadily got more frustrated with paths. Built another silo for aesthetic purposes. You can see me moving the tree zone as I moved the obelisks to account for future stuff. But I still needed more wood for kegs. Again.

I married Maru and Penny in the same week in summer, and have to figure out what's going on with their spouse rooms. Interior decorating is still a Mess, but I did get a red poppy to grow on the first try.

Y3Penny.png