(Request) Random NPC Visitors

Lauren1593

Tiller
If at all possible, I think it would be awesome for random visitors (some from Zuzu, some elsewhere) to occasionally show up, and kind of wander around.

Add more of a feeling of a living world, hopefully isn’t difficult to implement bits at a time in small patches, and also provides an opportunity to insert pieces of interesting backstory (about life in Zuzu) and references, and also unique items.

Example:
Spike Seagull (homage to Cowboy Bebop)
Racing driver in Zuzu,
One of the few successful privateer racers not sponsored by Joja, noting it’s not easy to compete against the juggernaut, as there’s few, if any businesses willing to provide funding. He notes how nice it is in Pelican Town, bit isn’t ready to give up his fast paced life, pointing out that he’s not satisfied with the status quo, and wants to do something about it.

Aside from the town itself, he also spends time there in the Saloon. Probably converses with Sabastion and Sam as well.

In exchange for sponsoring him, he gives the player a Racing Helmet.

Later on tv (Events in Zuzu), it will reveal his victory, with the spokesperson pointing out the *insert farm name* logo on his vehicle, commenting how standout it is from all the Joja on the other vehicles. If not sponsored, the spokesperson instead comments that he raced valiantly and had a close lead, but his engine blew up (presumably unable to have afforded maintenance), costing him the race.

Little stories about life outside Pelican, I think would go a long way to further portray a living world.

Last edited:
Another Tv channel with individual topics are a nice idea. I also like the visitors at the SDV fair. It would be cool if one could talk to them too and get information from the outer world.

I think there are already some suggestions for more interaction with other regions or with people from other regions, like passenger train stops at the station, the possibility of visiting more islands and so on.

Lauren1593

Tiller
Another Tv channel with individual topics are a nice idea. I also like the visitors at the SDV fair. It would be cool if one could talk to them too and get information from the outer world.

I think there are already some suggestions for more interaction with other regions or with people from other regions, like passenger train stops at the station, the possibility of visiting more islands and so on.
More islands is probably a bit beyond what CA wants to do since he’s wanting to work on other games. I was thinking more along the lines of cherry on top that hopefully isn’t a ton of work. 😉

More islands is probably a bit beyond what CA wants to do since he’s wanting to work on other games. I was thinking more along the lines of cherry on top that hopefully isn’t a ton of work. 😉
I dont know what CA wants to do with SDV. But who says he has to make such extensions personally?
Others already helped and I am pretty sure many SDV-players would also pay for another extension. Another possibility is to make a community extension and just guide this development. Many roads lead to Rome! :smile: