Creator Response Question on Shipping Bin's "Sell Resources at Any Time"

QKninja

Newcomer
For the shipping bin's "Sell Resources at Any Time" ability, can this interrupt an action? For example, if a player with an upgrading watering can is going to water crops, picking up multiple, and only has 1 free resource spot in their inventory, can they pick up the resources one at a time, immediately selling them? Or would they have to pick up all the crops from water, potentially discarding some, then sell whatever is left in their inventory?

ISSsloth

Farmer
I don't have the board game, but it makes sense that that's how it would work? In the video game that's what I normally do when I'm harvesting and run out of inventory space. (It happens really often because if I take the time to sort out my backpack when I get home I know I'll pass out, and in the morning I've already forgotten about it.)

Junamji

Newcomer
I'm wondering about interruptions during actions as well but rather pertaining to items. Can you also use an item in the middle of an action? Like revealing a bundle, using an item, and revealing another bundle all within one same action?

Valimure

Tiller
I think Cole will need to answer the OP's question, but I can answer this:

I'm wondering about interruptions during actions as well but rather pertaining to items. Can you also use an item in the middle of an action? Like revealing a bundle, using an item, and revealing another bundle all within one same action?
You can do as many things in one action as you'd like at a single location, unless it's specifically limited to one roll like the mines or fishing locations. Think of an action as the "cover fee" for the door that gets you into the location. So yes, you can absolutely use an item after revealing a single bundle and before revealing another.

It's wise to save up resources so that you spend as few actions / turns as possible completing or revealing bundles. I generally won't go until I can flip / complete two or three bundles at a time.

AlexandreNoite

Farmhand
For the shipping bin's "Sell Resources at Any Time" ability, can this interrupt an action? For example, if a player with an upgrading watering can is going to water crops, picking up multiple, and only has 1 free resource spot in their inventory, can they pick up the resources one at a time, immediately selling them? Or would they have to pick up all the crops from water, potentially discarding some, then sell whatever is left in their inventory?
I had the same issue the last time I played...

The situation was, we had Gold Hoe the last day of fall, and I had Coffee with grants me an extra action. I planted a total of... 13 crops (one of each type + 9 stacked). We had the shipping bin and the watering can maxed out as well. The watering doesn't say "You may move them up to X spaces", it says "move them all" so you are forced to harvest 13 crops at once... And we selled everything making a total of... 50 Gold, in one action. Is that correct?

Also, we used the "bone sword" effect + pickaxe movement forcing to get to skull and reroll multiple times in the same action. The effect is: "After resolving a monster's ability in the Mine, may roll again" is that ok?

@Colito

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Yes the Shipping Bin building can be used mid-action (as an interrupt) as you did here. Very cool combo!