Question about modding

octuslimb

Newcomer
Hi people, I'm trying to get into modding my game more and have learned the basics but I'm confused about a few things regarding the beta and the updates.
When the game's update is official and out of beta, does https://nox.tips/ that mean more https://xender.vip/ mods will start working with the game again, or will they still have to be updated to be compatible? n
Along those same lines, what are the actual dangers of using a SMAPI mod that's technically out of date? Such as the Siv Marriage mod.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
If a mod is not compatible at some point, it does not become compatible after a game update without updating the mod too. If a mod worked previously, it may or may not work after update. I'm making mods -- after 1.5. update part of my mods worked still independent of the update, some stopped working (my translation mod stopped working due to SMAPI change, in addition to missing a lot, of course; small mods adding dialogue and events, new machines or bundles worked just fine)
The danger in using a technically outdated mod is that it either does not work at all, or causes silly things. Rarely do those mess your save, though.

Things that have happened to me: Used farm map mods that were not updated and became incompatible. The game used the corresponding vanilla map instead and my barn was in a pond... It is advisable to check the mod in question (e.g. in Nexus or here).

Kreeate

Rancher
Hi people, I'm trying to get into modding my game more and have learned the basics but I'm confused about a few things regarding the beta and the updates.
When the game's update is official and out of beta, does that mean more mods will start working with the game again, or will they still have to be updated to be compatible?
Along those same lines, what are the actual dangers of using a SMAPI mod that's technically out of date? Such as the Siv Marriage mod.
Thanks in advance!
When the game is officially updated to version 1.5.5 then there could be some mods that will not be compatible.
It will be up to the individual mod authors to update their mods for compatibility with the new 1.5.5 version.

Some mods are already compatible (it will usually say that on the mod install/download pages) but some may not. This is part of the fun 😬
Using an outdated version of SMAPI is not always a "bad" thing, but it is usually recommended to update to the latest version. Always backup your save file and always check the compatibility of mods with the latest SMAPI version before updating anything.

Looking for new and compatible mods is part of the adventure that is "Stardew Valley".