Purple shorts!!

IndiaHawker

Tiller
Okay I don't want spoilers as to where they are - but I'm in autumn now and still can't find the purple shorts!! Are they in an area that maybe I haven't unlocked yet? Or are they somewhere I could definitely find but I'm just being stupid haha?? Please and thanks!!

Okay I don't want spoilers as to where they are - but I'm in autumn now and still can't find the purple shorts!! Are they in an area that maybe I haven't unlocked yet? Or are they somewhere I could definitely find but I'm just being stupid haha?? Please and thanks!!
Who would like to.....ehmm.....get it to the mayor's shorts so to speak. Sorry if that is too cringe but that's also the in game joke

You should have seen them a few times and probably just did recognize it

Worblehat

Planter
They're in an area that you can see, though you may or may not be able to move your farmer there to pick them up (depends on factors we don't know from what you've posted).

My attempt at a non-spoiler hint would be to consider what Lewis does on Friday nights.

imnvs

Local Legend
To be clear, without spoiling anything, the place in which the shorts are located is initially unavailable to you. As others have said, you can see them on the screen if you're in the right place and paying attention... but there is something that blocks you.

Now... someone has lost their shorts. While this may seem like an innocent sort of thing, let's think about this. How does someone lose their shorts? If they weren't wearing pants, even short pants... it would look odd as they're wandering around town, yes? So maybe the person that lost their shorts lost them in the house! Well, Lewis' house is pretty small, and after a thorough search it is easy to realize they aren't there. Where else could someone lose "shorts"? And in what scenario would it not be weird when they're strolling home without "shorts" on? The secret is to start by taking those questions in the reverse order and to start by thinking like the Brits when we hear the word "shorts", because when they hear it, they're thinking "boxer shorts", not "short pants". Now, those you can easily leave just about anywhere and still have your trousers on to conceal your shame... and if we then continue this line of thinking, we see what we really need to be thinking about is, "Where might some fellow lose his boxers that aren't his own house/bedroom?"

Last edited:

Johndeere756

Planter
I dont think it is a spoiler to say Mayor Lewis's reaction is so funny when you return his shorts. Dont feel bad by the way, I think it took me almost the whole first year before I finally spotted them.

Put them in the stew pot at the luau at least once.........hmmm tangy......... If you have already gave em up then there is a way to unlock a player version that has the same Reactions as lewis' pants
put a staircase in your pants slot

Phate4569

Planter
The secret is to start by taking those questions in the reverse order and to start by thinking like the Brits when we hear the word "shorts", because when they hear it, they're thinking "boxer shorts", not "short pants".
To further this, " When might a person want to wear their 'lucky' underwear?"