PC Profession Bug

LucidLoon

Greenhorn
Ever since my farming reached 10, I kept getting the prompt to choose a profession after I went to sleep. It always happens on the first night when the game loads, it appears it didn't save my choice since I don't see the chosen profession in the skill menu. Upon checking the save file, I noticed numerous profession ID number 3 (my chosen profession, Shepherd), it appears that it creates a new one every time I picked it.

Hmm, sorry you're struggling with this, sounds like a bummer for sure. I wonder if there is anything in your error log? To quote Odin from another post:

Can you share your most recent error log? (Crashes [etc] don't always produce an error log, so you may not see any in the folder).
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/
Did you do any save file editing prior to the error emerging that might have affected it? Or just afterwards? (I hope you backed it up prior to editing). Is the game fully updated? I found only one similar (but maybe still different, duplicate dialogs) forum post with a things tried, I have no idea if it might be of any help though.

LucidLoon

Greenhorn
Hmm, sorry you're struggling with this, sounds like a bummer for sure. I wonder if there is anything in your error log? To quote Odin from another post:

Did you do any save file editing prior to the error emerging that might have affected it? Or just afterwards? (I hope you backed it up prior to editing). Is the game fully updated? I found only one similar (but maybe still different, duplicate dialogs) forum post with a things tried, I have no idea if it might be of any help though.

Sorry for the late reply. I did not use any save file editing prior of trying to fix this issue. The game is on steam and fully updated.

I solved this issue by changing profession in the sewer.

Right on, I'm glad you were able to resolve it. I wonder if the issue would return if the profession would change back or if that fixed it for good. If it fixes for good, I'll have to remember this trick. Thanks for updating us! 🙂