Post Marriage Suggestion

DaNomadNamedY

Greenhorn
So this is gonna be a big one but I have an idea for after you get married. I know that the game kinda hints at some of the bachelors and bachelorettes having parings if you don't marry them so my idea is for another Community upgrade where you pay maybe 10mill g and a lot of hardwood/wood/stone to build a new street in town (to the right of where joja mart is now)
then, if you're married, maybe there's a random chance one of the npc parings will get married and they move into the new street. Could limit it to one a year or something and would be a cool new endgame target. You could watch the event like how the town watches your wedding. We already upgrade pam's house so this feels like a nice step past that.

Just to be clear, I am a programmer and I know it'll be alot of work but alot of this would be rework of other code in the game. The biggest thing would be adding new dialog options.

NewSpin

Greenhorn
Totally agree! I know that a whole growing up/generational mechanic is just too much to expect, but I'd like to see my "peers" able to remain my peers instead of still hinting 10 years after I've been married that they still have a little crush on me. As they marry they could also move forward a little in their life.. just as examples - Sam's band plays in the bar on the weekends (add another community upgrade to upgrade the bar or do other things related to these examples), Alex gets paid to play sports, Haley opens a photo studio, Leah sells art out of her house, Penny opens a school in the community center (as the married villagers have kids it would be needed).

There are lots of options to choose from but some kinda forward progress for the town would be amazing. Also, it's a bit cynical but maybe the "partner" to the person you married either leaves town (with options to visit/stay in touch with you) or preferably finds some other activity in town to move them forward.

Now this part is just out there in left field, but if a generational system could be added, I'd love my original character to become the mayor after Lewis retires and one of my kids could become the heir to my farm (and my new playable character), but then that opens up a whole new can of worms in terms of the heir's relationships etc. it'd be too much stuff to add.... so it'd basically have to be a whole new game at that point... like import your farm into a sequel where one of your kids is the farmer. I know CA has other priorities than Stardew his whole life though.

Nice idea, but for me it would be even more important to have family contact with the in-laws/grandparents after the wedding. I think it's a bit sad. I was married to Sebastian before, now to Maru, and Robin and Demetrius don't even seem to have noticed. ☹