Pierre

What is Pierre trying to do?

• Poison the town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trick people

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • He probably didn't know it was gross

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Please post why if comfortable)

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Quillmagic

Farmer
I thought of starting this thread after seeing this bit of dialogue:
Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 2.26.01 PM.png

He's talking about cheese Pierre was selling him. I was about to get mad at him for slandering my food, but then it occurred to me: I sold that cheese months ago. Of course it was disgusting! And why is Pierre selling old, gross cheese? What do you all think?

Ereo

Helper
He heard somewhere that cheese got better (and more expensive) when it aged, but he didn't know the details. So he tried to mature it in his house.
When the cheese got bad, he was to greedy to throw it out, so he sold it anyway.

Pierre, despite seeming like a good man, is a business owner. He has his negative sides like Joja mart and Morris. He basically wants money. But uses his small business appearance as a means to get sympathy and help his bottom line. I mostly tolerate pierre, as he grates my nerves often. He needs to be less about money, more about quality and spend more time with his family. Also, he needs to get some type of system going so he doesnt feed folks old food that's spoiled. Bad for business. Lol

Boo1972

Farmer
I had the same thought as @Ereo - he wanted to age the cheese, screwed it up, and sold it anyway. Or he forgot the cheese in the back of the pantry and sold it anyway. Ugh Pierre. Though, I think grocery stores have really small profit margins- about 2%- so it’s understandable, unless you want loyal customers to keep your business alive long term.

A Junimo

Planter
Honestly, I don't think Pierre is as bad as everyone ("everyone" being people posting on DangerouslyFunny videos and my family members.) I took a look at his dialogue on the wiki, and he's not that bad. He just wants to make a little money-emphasis on that little, the poor guy can barely support his family with Joja in the way. He's just doing what he can to make a living.
But that's talking as if he's a real person (which, unfortunately, he's not. Sad.) ConcernedApe just wanted to liven up the experience of selling your crops to Pierre. Technically.

Chililover

Planter
Honestly, I don't think Pierre is as bad as everyone ("everyone" being people posting on DangerouslyFunny videos and my family members.) I took a look at his dialogue on the wiki, and he's not that bad. He just wants to make a little money-emphasis on that little, the poor guy can barely support his family with Joja in the way. He's just doing what he can to make a living.
But that's talking as if he's a real person (which, unfortunately, he's not. Sad.) ConcernedApe just wanted to liven up the experience of selling your crops to Pierre. Technically.
That's how I feel lol! I mean you can't blame him! He probably wanted a little extra money to buy something for his family or pay off a bill, so he decided to make some cheese of his own. He probably was forced to buy a cheese making kit from joja, and there was bad bacteria in it resulting in spoiled cheese. I mean you can't really tell if it's ruin until it smells like a skunk lol! Poor Pierre.

Anhaga

Rancher
Honestly, since people seem to say that about any normal-quality items that I sell to Pierre and he sells to them, I figure they're just being picky whiners. That bit of dialog is why I tend to hoard my normal items and only sell silver and up to Pierre, though.

Specifically on the cheese: most kinds of cheese, if wrapped and stored properly, will literally keep for months. My assumption is that Sebastian just doesn't like that kind of cheese, and he's blaming it on the cheese rather than on a difference in taste.

Sigrah

Farmer
Personally, my friend Dale Gribble thinks it's an elaborate plot by Pierre to get even with me for finding his "stash" that one time. Dale tells me Pierre is only closed on Wednesdays to sell my harvests to a distributor in Zuzu City, then replaces it with cheap Joja Mart products delivered by his man on the inside (Shane), and then tells everyone he got them "from a local grower" hoping the town will think I'm trying to poison them. It would also explain why Pierre is "suddenly open" on Wednesdays once Joja Corp has been run out of town, at least that's Dale's theory ;)