Perfection? Not Yet - But Trying!

Silvarbelle

Cowpoke
Hi, all!

I'm playing this game on PC and loving it, but I'm not very knowledgeable about a lot of things.

So I'm wondering if I've done something wrong somewhere? I've completed almost everything for the Ginger Island Qi's Walnut Room perfection quest - but even though I KNOW I've crafted every recipe except Multiplayer Wedding Ring (this is not a multiplayer game file), the perfection tracker is telling me I've completed only 97%.

Have I missed something?

I sure wish there was a star or something on every craftable item that will tell you if you've crafted the thing or not.

Elenna101

Farmer
If you go into the options menu and turn on Advanced Crafting Info, it will then show, under each crafting recipe, how many times you've crafted it. Don't ask me why this isn't on by default, it really should be.

Also, usually when people say this what happens is that they've missed a crafting recipe somewhere. This wiki page shows what your crafting menu should look like if you've gotten all the recipes, you can compare to that to see if you're missing anything.
Or, since you're on PC, you can upload your save file to the Stardew Checkup website, which will tell you what you're missing.

imnvs

Local Legend
First, thing's first, the wedding ring does NOT need to be crafted in single-player or multi-player. You can get the Master Craftsman achievement without crafting that one, no matter how many people are playing.

Second, are you playing on PC and thus can use the Checkup? If you can, that'll tell you exactly what you're missing. It is possible you've crafted every recipe you know, but there are some left. It is also possible that you know every recipe but missed one. This'll tell you exactly where you're at.

Silvarbelle

Cowpoke
If you go into the options menu and turn on Advanced Crafting Info, it will then show, under each crafting recipe, how many times you've crafted it. Don't ask me why this isn't on by default, it really should be.

Also, usually when people say this what happens is that they've missed a crafting recipe somewhere. This wiki page shows what your crafting menu should look like if you've gotten all the recipes, you can compare to that to see if you're missing anything.
Or, since you're on PC, you can upload your save file to the Stardew Checkup website, which will tell you what you're missing.
I did the Advanced Crafting Menu click, but it just shows me how many pieces of each ingredient I have available per recipe.

What is a save file?

And I've done the wiki crafting menu and I have all of those except for the multiplayer wedding ring.

Silvarbelle

Cowpoke

I refreshed the game and NOW it shows me how many crafted! I have no idea why, but I tried it and it worked, so I'm not arguing! =D

Elenna101

Farmer
I did the Advanced Crafting Menu click, but it just shows me how many pieces of each ingredient I have available per recipe.

What is a save file?

And I've done the wiki crafting menu and I have all of those except for the multiplayer wedding ring.
The save file is the file saved on your computer where it remembers all the information about your game.

If you open File Explorer and go to %appdata% (with the % signs), you should see a folder called StardewValley. Go into that folder, go into the "Saves" folder, and then you'll see one folder for each of your farms. The folder name should be in the form [Name]_[Number], where [Name] is your player name for files created in 1.4 and earlier and your farm name for files created in 1.5, and [Number] is a number that controls a lot of the "random" stuff in the game (often called the game seed).
If you go into the folder for any farm, you'll then see four files: "SaveGameInfo", "SaveGameInfo_old", "[Name]_[Number]", and "[Name]_[Number]_old". The main save file for your game is the one called "[Name]_[Number]" (the same as the folder it's in). The SaveGameInfo file has some extra information about the farm. The two "old" files are backups of what the files were like one in-game day ago, just in case the game crashes or something and you need a backup.

If you go to the Stardew Checkup website, click the "Browse" button, and then upload the save file for the farm you're interested in, it'll tell you a bunch of information about your file, including anything you haven't crafted yet.

Silvarbelle

Cowpoke
The save file is the file saved on your computer where it remembers all the information about your game.

If you open File Explorer and go to %appdata% (with the % signs), you should see a folder called StardewValley. Go into that folder, go into the "Saves" folder, and then you'll see one folder for each of your farms. The folder name should be in the form [Name]_[Number], where [Name] is your player name for files created in 1.4 and earlier and your farm name for files created in 1.5, and [Number] is a number that controls a lot of the "random" stuff in the game (often called the game seed).
If you go into the folder for any farm, you'll then see four files: "SaveGameInfo", "SaveGameInfo_old", "[Name]_[Number]", and "[Name]_[Number]_old". The main save file for your game is the one called "[Name]_[Number]" (the same as the folder it's in). The SaveGameInfo file has some extra information about the farm. The two "old" files are backups of what the files were like one in-game day ago, just in case the game crashes or something and you need a backup.

If you go to the Stardew Checkup website, click the "Browse" button, and then upload the save file for the farm you're interested in, it'll tell you a bunch of information about your file, including anything you haven't crafted yet.
Sorry for the super late reply - life has happened!

At any rate: everything's fixed on that score! I have achieved Perfection! At least on that one file. XD

My problem now is for another game file: I have donated EVERYTHING to the museum - but one of the books was lost in water when it bounced off me and into the lake! Because of that, the Museum does not recognize me as having completed the collection. Is there a fix for that?

Ereo

Helper
Sorry for the super late reply - life has happened!

At any rate: everything's fixed on that score! I have achieved Perfection! At least on that one file. XD

My problem now is for another game file: I have donated EVERYTHING to the museum - but one of the books was lost in water when it bounced off me and into the lake! Because of that, the Museum does not recognize me as having completed the collection. Is there a fix for that?
The books don't count towards the museum at all. They also don't fall into the water, they just disappear and go into the library. You're most likely missing something else. How many free spaces does your museum have? Have you tried using the check up as @Elenna101 suggested?

Silvarbelle

Cowpoke
The books don't count towards the museum at all. They also don't fall into the water, they just disappear and go into the library. You're most likely missing something else. How many free spaces does your museum have? Have you tried using the check up as @Elenna101 suggested?
Huh, weird. I thought they did! Ha; shows what I know!

I figured it out! I'm missing the Golden Mask!

AUGH, I wish I was better at things, but I'll get there with practice! Thanks!

(Really thought the books were integral to it.)

Silvarbelle

Cowpoke

Oh, hey, P.S.: I JUST NOW realized I didn't properly say thank you for this.

THANK YOU!!!! The very detailed explanations were easy enough for me to follow along and figure out what went where! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so much for being so helpful! It really means a lot to me!