Windows [PC] [FIXED] Audio crackling and microstuttering after few minutes of playing.

ALCRD

Tiller
I'm having issues with Stardew Valley.
As mentioned in the title after few minutes of gameplay audio including the music starts to crackle and pop and game starts to act up like it's microstuttering. The movement gets jittery.

Happens regardless of resolution or window mode.
I am not using any mods i'm actually new to this game bought it today on Steam.

Restarting fixes this but only tempoarily. Issue starts all over again after few minutes.

User suggested fix was to use the 32 bit Compatibility mode beta.
Compatibility beta works perfectly fine without these issues.

However i like to point out that my OS is a 64 bit one so it's a bit odd that i am having issues with Stardew Valley unless i use the 32 bit compatibility version.

EDIT: I believe it was fixed in 1.6 i no longer experience this issue , same PC.

Last edited:

anarion659

Greenhorn
Having same issue. Mine is similar in that it starts normal but after 2-5 mins, the audio starts to crack and music sounds like it slows. Any suggestions would be ince.

thanks

ALCRD

Tiller
Having same issue. Mine is similar in that it starts normal but after 2-5 mins, the audio starts to crack and music sounds like it slows. Any suggestions would be ince.

thanks
Other than switching to Compatibility version of the game untill this is fixed on standard version i have no other suggestions :( Compatibility version doesn't have this problem.

It's apparently identical version to standard and can be crossplayed with people who are on standard version. Only problem some mods might not work.

anarion659

Greenhorn
Thanks a bunch for the suggestion to change to compatibility version. I didn't even know about that. I'm new to SDV :). Switching to compatibility version did alleviate the issue for now. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

ALCRD

Tiller
Thanks a bunch for the suggestion to change to compatibility version. I didn't even know about that. I'm new to SDV :). Switching to compatibility version did alleviate the issue for now. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Yea hopefully.
Cause it's a bit sad that it happens even on systems that meet the requirements both in being the type of OS required and it being 64 bit.

ALCRD

Tiller
I know. But, I'm having the same problem as you, just in case I tried this and it solved it.
I just wanted to tell you to give it a try. And I'm sorry if this doesn't work either.

I tried priority before i even made a help thread regarding this issue on Steam forums.
CPU affinity does nothing also. No wonder this is completely different problem that i am experiencing.

My game does not drop FPS neither is any of my CPU cores at 100% when running this game and it's not typical stutter.

It's microstutter (it's hard to explain and it doesn't show on recordings game is still in 60 fps however it feels jittery like it's 30 or less.) It happens only after few minutes of playtime and soon audio starts to glitch out too when this happens (audio begins to be choppy especially when moving especially when music plays or sound of rain is in the background or any other ambient sound)

And stays like this for the rest of the session untill i restart just so it can happen again after few minutes.

Thanks anyways tho

Last edited:

anarion659

Greenhorn
Yeah having the same issues. Funny enough this is so weird, i found that when i equip a sword, and right click and the sword does that loading animation, the sounds gets fixed.

but then you would have to do this every time the sound issues come back. SO not really quite a fix but thats just what i have observed.

ALCRD

Tiller
Yeah having the same issues. Funny enough this is so weird, i found that when i equip a sword, and right click and the sword does that loading animation, the sounds gets fixed.

but then you would have to do this every time the sound issues come back. SO not really quite a fix but thats just what i have observed.
Wow. It feels like i am going crazy but this does seem to behave like this on my end aswell.

This is oddly specific and makes little sense but it works for some reason.

Last edited:

ALCRD

Tiller
Not entirely sure if related to this issue but another thing i noticed between Standard and Compatibility versions.
Vsync has no effect in Standard version while in Compatibility it actually prevents screen tearing on my LCD monitor.

anarion659

Greenhorn
Prob a good idea to share computer spec:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz 2.80 GHz
6 GB Ram
GTX 570
Windows 10 64 bit Direct X12
I use 2 LG monitors.

My computer is a bit older but it should technically still be able to run this game.

ALCRD

Tiller
Here are mine:

AMD APU A8-6600K Quad-Core 3,9 Ghz
ATI Radeon RX 560 Gigabyte Gaming OC 4GB
8GB RAM DDR3 2133MHz
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
16:9 LCD Samsung Monitor

Nothing special but still more than enough for this game and OS is within the "Windows Vista or above" recommendation.

Last edited:

ALCRD

Tiller
I keep seeing more people on Steam forums with same exact issues as me.

While this is an edge case i sure hope it will be adressed. Cause this sounds more like the game has compatibility issues with certain hardware combinations and not the OS or drivers.

Cause people on same compatibile systems either have this issue or dont and people meeting or overshooting recommended specs or updated drivers it doesn't matter for this issue.

Last edited:

arabellal

Greenhorn
Wow I’m so happy that I’m not the only one having this issue. I’ve never had any issues with my game until now. I start up the game and everything’s fine, but then after a few minutes the audio starts acting up and I also start getting small lag spikes. The weird thing is that right clicking while having the sword equipped seems to fix it for 1 minute, then it goes back to stuttering as another user mentioned. I’m very sure it’s a bug that’ll hopefully be fixed soon.