Issue [Partially solved] Entering the Cellar makes the game crash in multiplayer

Zoufasse

Greenhorn
Hey everyone,

my hubby and I play the game co-op. Yesterday, we had Robin build a cellar on the main house. I've shown my hubby how it looks since he's only ever played vanilla, and I had installed Ace's Expanded Cellars for the both of us. We checked it out, got in, walked about, no issues.

We closed our games, and when we got back to play it later in the day, my hubby couldn't see the cellar entrance, and my game crashed as I got in.

SMAPI log says "Process is terminated due to StackeOverflowException"
The only thing I've done inbetween is download Entoarox Framework update.
On the same save file, I can get in the cellar no problem when I don't launch it via Co-op.

I've tried several things, but nothing has worked so far :
- Restarted my game
- Restarted my computer
- Verified the game files integrity via Steam
- Re-downloaded Ace's Expanded Cellars
- Went back to the previous version of Entoarox Framework
- Launched the game without Ace's Expanded Cellars (vanilla cellar crashes as well)
- Tried launching my game without any mods (but it wouldn't load my save file)
- Launched my save from another computer (crashes too)

Here's my SMAPI-latest log : https://smapi.io/log...22b1a88bf5deccc
and a screenshot
wclm.png

I guess my save file is corrupted, but is there any way to fix this ? We really would like it if we didn't have to start over
:(

I've been playing Stardew Valley with mods for a while and never had a problem of the sort. I'm disgruntled about this
:(

Thanks in advance everyone, take care <3

mouse

Farmer
If it's any consolation, it's unlikely that the save itself is corrupted, especially since you can still load it in single-player. Does it still crash if you temporarily disable Entoarox Framework, Extended Minecart, NPC Map Locations, and Entoarox Modding Utilities (for both players) ? Not sure any of those are relevant, but they all have some warnings at minimum in the log we could clean up, I suppose.

If it still crashes, you could always tried-and-true temporarily rename your entire Mods folder (both players) to confirm you can access the cellar as normal without mods (note that if either party is married to a custom NPC, the save won't load), then add items back until it breaks. If the save loads but you still crash at cellar without either player having any mods, you can zip and upload your save here. (This would be weird.)

Either way, a new log from both players after trying should at least be cleaned up a bit and clarify if the mod lists are synced up!

Zoufasse

Greenhorn
Hi Mouse, thank you for your quick answer.
I will be trying your propositions this afternoon, and keep you updated.

Zoufasse

Greenhorn
Aight, I'm back ! Thank you Mouse for the advices you provided.

I could not go modless into my save game, even though neither of us is married to a custom npc.
I literally copy-pasted my mod folder from my computer to my hubby's computer, so logically it should be synced up.
I deleted Entoarox Framework, Extended Minecart, NPC Map Locations, and Entoarox Modding Utilities, and it worked !

Then I tried launching my game with some of those mods to check if it was the four or just one that was faulty, and unfortunately, it seems like "NPC Map Locations" is the reason entering my cellar makes my game crash in multiplayer ! :(

Unfortunately, there is another issue : my hubby cannot see the cave entrance in the house ! He just has a wall !
I'm so lost !!! Does anyone know what is going on ? Should we just give up and start a new save file ?

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
I think this is probably caused by the Greenroom mod. Temporarily removing it on both sides should confirm without causing any major issues, as long as any layout changes aren't drastic. If that doesn't fix it, a new log from both parties might be helpful :)