Windows Ornate Necklace Bug

Xoknath

Newcomer
I completed the Secret Note #25 dealing with the Ornate Necklace. After speaking with Abigail, I noticed the necklace wasn't removed from my inventory and there is no way of getting rid of it. Dropping it, trash can, speaking to Abigail or Caroline. Doesn't work.
Am I stuck with this permanent one less slot?

Ereo

Helper
Did she react to the necklace?

Did you restart the game since?

Are you playing with mods?

Xoknath

Newcomer
Yes, Abigail reacted upon me speaking to her.

I have not logged back in as it is late.

No, no mods active.

Xoknath

Newcomer
That was not the question. Have you ever used any mods while playing this farm?
No, there are no mods on this playthrough.
Just relogged in and it is still there. I should note this is a CO-OP game with one other person.

dipsasadis

Cowpoke
I have the same issue! Talked to her, there was a musical acknowledgment, she acknowledged it in text, but the necklace remains. Tried giving to caroline then, and the response was "wrong person." Same if I try to give it again to abigail.
CO-OP game (PS4 version playing on PS5). Never use any mods. I have not yet restarted the game. Will update if somehow it is magically gone/fixed upon restart.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I ended up with Abby's (OK, Caroline's) Ornate Necklace in a multiplayer game on Switch even though Abby acknowledged that I'd found it.

Problem was: I'd found it but put it in a Chest on the Farm. And then bumped into Abby to get the Necklace dialog, after which the quest as completed. Went back to the Chest and sure enough the Necklace is still there! If you still have it in your inventory and the quest is done, just pop it into a Chest and leave it there.

It's mine now, I wear it, and look smashing in it. A nice gift from my favorite mobile mineral muncher in the game. Caroline's always trying to ask me about it during the Flower Dance but ya know, I just gotta circulate. You know, follow Haley around to get the Dance steps down, flick rubber bands at the Wizard creepin' through the trees, slip Willy a Fishing Rod when Lewis isn't watching, compliment Elliot on his Shirt. Yeah, just no time for heavy provenance discussions...

Last edited: