Non-Binary Gender Option

Anhaga

Rancher
Yes, I'd love to see this. After all, we can already make the farmer look exactly as we want--there's not really a difference between the male and female models, is there?

They are very slightly different, with #2 being 1 pixel shorter and with slightly less chunky boots. There's also a slight change around the eyes that's hard to tell unless you are turned to the side and/or wearing very short hair :)

(Edited to add examples)
Don't forget that some clothing is curvy to emphasize a bust line on females. Example would be the Flash dance top you make with cloth and a cactus fruit. There are others as well and some that can only be achieved through character creation(as female). However since Haley is the only design that has pixels protruding further than other base models it's all kinda not noticable but may help you mentally visualize your character

Salty1

Planter
They are very slightly different, with #2 being 1 pixel shorter and with slightly less chunky boots. There's also a slight change around the eyes that's hard to tell unless you are turned to the side and/or wearing very short hair :)

(Edited to add examples)
I feel like the boots is the most noticeable, and iirc the last time I checked the boots are still the same size in certain instances - example: females suddenly have man feet when they cast a fishing line and are waiting for a bite, while oriented southward/facing the player.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster

(Edited to add examples)
Female models also have weird claw-hands, if you stare at the example. And she looks almost like she's bending her knees a little, too, because of the shading. I'd never really noticed. :)

But more on-topic, maybe character models should simply be ungendered. I've known some genuine Amazons in my time, and I used to work with a wiry little dude who had to buy size-zero women's pants 'cause nothing else fit quite right. Just open up all the options to all players, and they'll naturally gravitate to whatever portrait suits 'em best.

P.S. Maybe we could include the fat community a bit more, too? If you ungendered the models, added fat portraits, and maybe had a couple in wheelchairs/scooters, you're starting to look pretty good vis-à-vis physical representation.

tomaO2

Sodbuster
Female models are also not allowed to go topless. The rules on this are, basically, if you start suggesting you have breasts, they count as breasts. Jim Sterling found that out in short order after asking "when will my tits be censored, Youtube" or words to that effect. I think the male models are not allowed to go shirtless anyway, but it's still a restriction.