New to Mods

HyruleHero97

Cowpoke
Hey there!, I just recently decided to try my hand at modding Stardew, and I'm mostly a console gamer, (I've played pc games before, but not a whole lot), and was wondering what is the best place to get mods, as I know there are many untrustworthy sites on the web, and I really do not want a virus with my mods. Also does anyone have a tutorial on how to mod? I used to mod minecraft back in the day, but from what I read online you need some program or something to mod Stardew. I am playing on the Steam version of the game if that matters.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Hey there!, I just recently decided to try my hand at modding Stardew, and I'm mostly a console gamer, (I've played pc games before, but not a whole lot), and was wondering what is the best place to get mods, as I know there are many untrustworthy sites on the web, and I really do not want a virus with my mods. Also does anyone have a tutorial on how to mod? I used to mod minecraft back in the day, but from what I read online you need some program or something to mod Stardew. I am playing on the Steam version of the game if that matters.

Hi there! I’m in a similar boat as you. I’ve been a console player for majority of my life (I’m 34), and have only just recently (this past July) started playing Stardew on PC. This also entails that Stardew is the first game I’ve modded.

I download my mods from Nexus, which is very trustworthy and a lot of individuals do as well.

You do have to create an account, but it’s free! There is an option to pay for a premium membership, but that isn’t necessary.

As for a guide, there’s a video on YouTube by QuirkyPixel that helped me a lot. Again, Stardew is my first game that I’ve ever modded, so I knew NOTHING about how to mod.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post the link, but if you type QuirkyPixel how to install mods Stardew in the search on YouTube, it’ll pop up. ^^

Edit;; she explains a lot in detail, including how to install SMAPI, which is the program you need to in order to run mods on Stardew.

Edit 2;; while she’s explaining, she’s doing the installation, so you can see exactly how it’s done.