Creator Response New Rule Book

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
It pretty much holds all the cards and tiles that don't currently have a spot to store them in the box. It makes set up and take down much quicker.

tbowne85

Tiller
Here is a link to the new rulebook for those interested. It's not that different, but it has many small wording adjustments to help address a lot of questions generated after the first print run was released. If you find any typos, don't tell me (I'm joking, please tell me :laugh: )
You mentioned new rules for the mines. Can I play with the updated rules for the mines with the cards from the first printing? Or do I need new components?

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
The rules for the mine remain the same, but the cards have been adjusted for the 2nd printing. I am going to make a Print and Play available when I can, but we also plan to make an "upgrade" pack available, which would include the new mine cards and/or the new component tray.

Last edited:

tbowne85

Tiller
The rules for the mine remain the same, but the cards have been adjusted for the 2nd printing. I am going to make a Print and Play available when I can, but we also plan to make an "upgrade" pack available, which would include the new mien cards and/or the new component tray.
Oh great. The upgrade pack sounds great. I would really appreciate getting that as a person that bought the first printing.

Blauwfuur

Cowpoke
I think i have the 2nd version, i bought it in a store in the Netherlands 5 days ago. I still have some remarks about what could be clearer:

-the scentence "gold and heart tokens are shared by all players" is a very key component and deserves a more prominent spot than the "answers to common questions". Maybe it would fit on the "recources and cards" op page 21. Shared gold is only implied during setup on page 5, but nowhere is shared hearts stated.
-the sentence "Trash and fiber are not very useful, but can be discarded at any time" is misleading, as it implies you are not allowed to discard any of the other resource tiles, while on this forum i read that is not what you intended.
-the scentence "whenever any tile is "gained" it goes into your inventory unless discarded" does not help clear up the above point and i was very confused xD
-playing for the first time we were not sure how to start, what the first thing is. We figured we reveal the first season card first and then have a round of actions, since the order of rounds is clearly stated. This point is not a big deal, but it might be nice to have a scentence like "and now you are ready to start you first game of stardew valley, which starts by revealing the first season card" near the end of the rules book.
-i have seen some creative people on this forum come up with ways to double the game length or adjusting difficulty. It might be fun to add some ideas for that in a future print or expansion, for the real die-hards.

Edit: what if you add a "start of spring" card which tells you to distribute the forageables and then draw the first season card. That seems like an elegant option.

Last edited: