Negative Hearts

MissDandy

Farmer
It would be a cool idea, it could come with rude dialogue too outside of cutscenes (hard to imagine how Shane could become more rude but hey).
The cutscenes could have options for dialogue, some of which were very rude and some of which were less extreme deciding on how salty you're feeling that day. I think it would be very entertaining.

I am not sure if this would be a nice addition. Many people love SDV because its so positive in gameplay.
So maybe it would be better to have a mod for this. A lot of dialogs would have to be added. Graphically, this could be achieved by using black hearts instead of red ones.

I kind of like the idea. I think it could be worked in without so much negativity. I just like the idea of having to work extra hard to be someone’s friend if you’ve given them a hated gift in the early stages of the game.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I kind of like the idea. I think it could be worked in without so much negativity. I just like the idea of having to work extra hard to be someone’s friend if you’ve given them a hated gift in the early stages of the game.
And much like how hearts work regularly, they could slowly fade to 0 over time with the same decay timeframe. But you still can't quickly get negative hearts with Penny even with her 2 options to lose 6 full :heart: on a single question, as you have more than that with her already. In fact it's almost amazing how badly you can disappoint Penny and still retain a non-zero heart level with her.

In fact it's almost amazing how badly you can disappoint Penny and still retain a non-zero heart level with her.
That’s exactly the the example that makes me want negative hearts. I told Penny that I don’t like kids simply to tick her off and because I decided not to marry her. But less than 1 year later she’s almost ready to accept a bouquet from me again.

I guess it’s realistic in a sense. Plenty of people still date each other despite some pretty fundamental incompatibilities…I just want it to be harder to make friends with people that you offended on purpose. Imagine giving Kent gifts that trigger his PTSD twice per week forever. At some point he should refuse to interact with you until his hatred has decayed a bit.