need a little help understanding this error log

EliseaKinsley

Greenhorn
I am running Windows and using most current versions of game and mods (afaik).

I loaded all of the other mods without mine and the game ran with no problems. So it's definitely something I did.

parsed log

Can someone please help me to understand what these errors mean? I see something about warps and loading objects, but haven't been able to locate any obvious problems.
My content.json is attached in txt format.
Edit: I'm also uploading a txt file containing data copied and pasted from the Map Properties panel in Tiled for each map included in the mod thus far.

Thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for the log, and extra info. I'll be honest, I don't have much skill in map modding.

But, the errors; they do appear to be for the farmhouse/farmcave.
Code:
18:36:48    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher loaded asset 'Maps/FarmCave' (for the 'Silverwood Terrace' content pack).
18:36:48    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateWarps() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 14914
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.loadObjects() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 15011
   at StardewValley.GameLocation..ctor_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(GameLocation this, String mapPath, String name)
   at StardewValley.Game1.loadForNewGame_PatchedBy<SMAPI__spacechase0.JsonAssets__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(Boolean loadedGame)
   at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.createdNewCharacter_PatchedBy<SMAPI>(TitleMenu this, Boolean skipIntro)
   at StardewValley.Menus.CharacterCustomization.optionButtonClick(String name)
   at StardewValley.Menus.CharacterCustomization.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound)
   at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound)
   at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

18:36:58    TRACE    TMXL Map Toolkit    Setting map tiles for FarmHouse...
18:36:58    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateWarps() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 14914
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.loadObjects() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 15011
   at StardewValley.GameLocation..ctor_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(GameLocation this, String mapPath, String name)
   at StardewValley.Game1.loadForNewGame_PatchedBy<SMAPI__spacechase0.JsonAssets__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(Boolean loadedGame)
   at StardewValley.Minigames.Intro.tick(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

18:37:00    TRACE    SpaceCore    Event: BeforeWarp
18:37:00    TRACE    game    Warping to BusStop
18:37:00    TRACE    SMAPI    Animal Husbandry Mod edited TileSheets/tools.
18:37:00    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.Game1.onFadeToBlackComplete() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 7096
   at StardewValley.BellsAndWhistles.ScreenFade.UpdateFade(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\BellsAndWhistles\ScreenFade.cs:line 46
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 7278
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4879
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1117

First, PyTK isn't needed for TMXL anymore; so you may want to remove it. I don't think you need it for anything else, but give it a try first.

Also, you may want to try, and comment out the farmhouse/farmcave related changes you're doing; until it loads.
Should narrow down the edit that causes it.

I know you mentioned your other mods load, but for modding in new items. I always try to have a clean, barebones set of mods; so that there's less potential interference by other mods.
Otherwise, the other mods may accidentally become mod dependencies.

EliseaKinsley

Greenhorn
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'll take out PyTK and then do some systematic tests with the individual pieces sans other mods.
Just one more question regarding these lines:

To where are they pointing? Is this a reference to something which I can somehow look at for future debugging attempts?

(Yeah. I know. Technically that was two questions. :laugh: ...details.)

*points at self* This mess is what happens when creativity and ambition overcome logic.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I'll take out PyTK and then do some systematic tests with the individual pieces sans other mods.
Just one more question regarding these lines:

To where are they pointing? Is this a reference to something which I can somehow look at for future debugging attempts?

(Yeah. I know. Technically that was two questions. :laugh: ...details.)

*points at self* This mess is what happens when creativity and ambition overcome logic.
Heh, no prob! ^-^

Those sections are the internal code references to SDV itself. SDV's code for GameLocations is where it's technically crashing; related to the warps; like you saw.

The wiki has some info on decompiling, and being able to read some of the internal bits for users making SMAPI C# mods: https://stardewcommunitywiki.com/Modding:Modder_Guide/Get_Started#Decompile_the_game_code

EliseaKinsley

Greenhorn