Solved Mods aren't loading! Says I need same version of SMAPI that I already have?

LunaMae

Newcomer
Hey!!! So I'm new to modding anything on my phone, I've only ever done it on PC. I'm using Android, I followed the directions on the Wiki and my roommate confirmed I did the same thing/steps he did and it worked.

It keeps saying:
Failed: it needs SMAPI 3.13.0 or later. Please update SMAPI to the latest version to use this mod.

....But that's what I downloaded....I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it still work.

Here's the log:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just new to this and have no idea what I'm doing wrong :( but I really miss playing with mods. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make it work :)

Thank you so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the full log.

Since, you're on Android, which uses version 1.4 of SDV; this error means you need the older version of NPC Map Locations for it to run:
- NPC Map Locations 2.7.2 because it needs SMAPI 3.13.0 or later. Please update SMAPI to the latest version to use this mod.

Delete the version you currently have installed, and then install this one instead [v2.5.11 of NPC Map Locations]:

That'll resolve the issue with it not loading.
You can also carefully remove the installer files for the new SMAPI you downloaded; since it's not currently needed:
- SMAPI 3.13.4 installer because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json.

LunaMae

Newcomer
Thanks for posting the full log.

Since, you're on Android, which uses version 1.4 of SDV; this error means you need the older version of NPC Map Locations for it to run:
- NPC Map Locations 2.7.2 because it needs SMAPI 3.13.0 or later. Please update SMAPI to the latest version to use this mod.

Delete the version you currently have installed, and then install this one instead [v2.5.11 of NPC Map Locations]:

That'll resolve the issue with it not loading.
You can also carefully remove the installer files for the new SMAPI you downloaded; since it's not currently needed:
- SMAPI 3.13.4 installer because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json.
Thank you so much!! Installing the older versions worked....so for future reference, what versions do. I need to download for mods?

Thank you so much!! Installing the older versions worked....so for future reference, what versions do. I need to download for mods?
No prob! ^-^
Well keep the current SMAPI that you have there; until the game updates.

For other mods; you'll want ones that support Stardew Valley v1.4.5.
Stardew Valley: 1.4.5 on Android

Usually modders will mention on their mod page if their mod is compatible by default; with Android or not.
Or like the NPC map locations; have a separate download for Android users.