Maki Roll and Pumpkin Pie recipes

Wheat King

Tiller
Hello, fellow farmers,

I need a maki roll to complete the Community Centre bundles plus a pumpkin pie for the trash bear.
However I wasn't aware of everything on my Year 1 (I'm currently on Year 3, Winter) so I didn't get these recipes on TV.

Will I ever get these recipes or those dishes again?

Elenna101

Farmer
The reruns on Wednesdays should prioritize recipes you don't know, so if you make sure to watch them, you should get those recipes relatively quickly (although it depends how many TV recipes you missed). Although if you're on multiplayer, I believe it can be any recipe that any farmer doesn't know, so if you have one farmer that never checks the TV then that won't help.

The Sunday recipes will be different for the first 2 years and then repeat the first 2 years over and over (e.g. the first Sunday of Year 3 will be the same as the first Sunday of year 1), so you can also get them again by checking at the right time. The maki roll comes Summer 21 in odd-numbered years, and the pumpkin pie comes Winter 21 on odd-numbered years - so if you haven't reached Winter 21 of year 3 yet, you should be able to get that for sure there. A full list of TV recipes is on this wiki page.

Also, the maki roll recipe can be bought at the saloon in addition to getting it from the TV. The Community Center is (presumably deliberately) set up so that one of the recipes you need is a starter one, and the other one can be bought at any time from Gus, so you don't have to worry about missing stuff for that.

imnvs

Local Legend
Absolutely. Watch Queen of the Sauce on Wednesdays, the way the reruns work is that it'll check for a recipe you don't have from Queen of the Sauce but was already played once... and it'll play one of those episodes!

Sundays? Don't do that. On Sundays it plays the scheduled recipe, and after year 2 it restarts at the beginning, so year 3 plays the same episodes in the same order as they were played in year 1. Year 4 plays the year 2 episodes. 5 plays 1. 6 plays 2... etc etc.

But the reruns? It isn't random. It'll play something you should have been able to get from Queen of the Sauce on a Sunday but missed it, and it'll play it again so you can get that recipe. If the only 2 recipes you're missing are Pumpkin Pie and Maki Roll, it'll take you 2 weeks of Wednesdays and you'll be all caught up.

Elenna101

Farmer
Sundays? Don't do that. On Sundays it plays the scheduled recipe, and after year 2 it restarts at the beginning, so year 3 plays the same episodes in the same order as they were played in year 1. Year 4 plays the year 2 episodes. 5 plays 1. 6 plays 2... etc etc.
Yeah, I normally wouldn't recommend checking on Sundays, but a) it sounds like they may have missed most of the year 1 recipes, so Wednesday reruns may take a while if they're unlucky, and b) the pumpkin pie, specifically, should be showing up soon unless they're at the very end of Winter.

imnvs

Local Legend
Thank you guys!
You are most welcome. 😄
Yeah, I normally wouldn't recommend checking on Sundays, but a) it sounds like they may have missed most of the year 1 recipes, so Wednesday reruns may take a while if they're unlucky, and b) the pumpkin pie, specifically, should be showing up soon unless they're at the very end of Winter.
These are fair points. I did say something about "if these are the only 2 recipes missed"... but if you have missed a lot of recipes? It definitely is recommended you take the few seconds it takes to check on Sundays to see if you have that recipe. If you're hunting for a specific recipe, though, just relying on Sundays is a terrible idea.

Last edited: