Make JojaMart useful

LordNakko

Greenhorn
Maybe it's intentional, but right now the JojaMart is just worse than Pierre's, even if ingame it is marketed as cheaper (I believe Jodi mentions it).

Two suggestions:

1. Make JojaMart as cheap as Pierre's or cheaper (only if you bought a Joja membership and abandoned the Junimos). For those hardcore capitalist playthroughs.

2. Have Joja sell more expensive seeds, but they have all seeds year round. Lorewise, this could mean they import seeds from all over the world, while Pierre sources locally. Most of the time you would still buy from Pierre, it would make the quests easier where you need specific fruits (A soldiers star for example) and I don't know if ConcernedApe might consider this problematic.

Ereo

Helper
Joja mart is a bit set up to be the bad guy, so I don't think it should sell seeds cheaper than Pierre.

I like the second suggestion. It could be a bit balanced if it only sold crops you already encountered? So the stuff Pierre and in second year would also be added second year, and the stuff from the desert only once you have been there?
Maybe out of season crops could be more expensive than in season crops.

LordNakko

Greenhorn
Joja mart is a bit set up to be the bad guy, so I don't think it should sell seeds cheaper than Pierre.
I agree, my first idea was to have them sell worse quality, but i think thats about impossible to implement realistically. It just irks me that they say Joja is cheaper in the game when it is actually more expensive.

I like the second suggestion. It could be a bit balanced if it only sold crops you already encountered? So the stuff Pierre and in second year would also be added second year, and the stuff from the desert only once you have been there?
Maybe out of season crops could be more expensive than in season crops.
Thats a neat idea. Would it count only crops you have already planted, shipped or seen? Or just that they get it once it was in store at Pierre's (or have been to the desert for desert crops)?
Also good idea to significantly hike the price on out of season crops compared to their in season price, compliments the idea nicely i think.

Ereo

Helper
I interpret it as "food is cheaper", because none of the others will buy seeds, they buy their daily groceries.

Seeds bought in a super market are usually pretty expensive, aren't they?

I'd say once you can buy the crop elsewhere, Joja will also sell it. Or maybe once you bought a packet?

LordNakko

Greenhorn
Hmm, that makes sense. An option could be to have them sell it after you purchased the Greenhouse bundle.

Ereo

Helper
Maybe only if you do it by the Joja route?

It seems a bit overpowered since you can get the greenhouse quite early. But if you do it only for the Jona Route, that would finally have a small advantage over the CC.

LordNakko

Greenhorn
Maybe only if you do it by the Joja route?

It seems a bit overpowered since you can get the greenhouse quite early. But if you do it only for the Jona Route, that would finally have a small advantage over the CC.
Yeah, that was what i meant. Only if you purchase the Greenhouse, not if you earn it via CC. Right now there is basically no incentive to go Joja, but i am still missing that Steam achievement lol.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Yeah, that was what i meant. Only if you purchase the Greenhouse, not if you earn it via CC. Right now there is basically no incentive to go Joja, but i am still missing that Steam achievement lol.
Honestly, i don't think anyone w ould be surprised if you were ever missing that particular one. Corporate persuasion is a thing, and stardew persuasion is also a thing. The important thing is to realize that both are a real thing. Games aside, just do your thing, and enjoy your game. This lockdown sure does take a toll on us all, and i can only hope that stardew can be a positive influence on us all. <3

Be Awesome <3.

Or if you do the wrong thing (a.k.a complete joja route) Pierre's will be closed down. And he, Caroline and Abigail will leave. You won't be able to romance her when you buy a membership. And when you do so she will refuse gifts and the friendship with her will become back to 0!

LordNakko

Greenhorn
Or if you do the wrong thing (a.k.a complete joja route) Pierre's will be closed down. And he, Caroline and Abigail will leave. You won't be able to romance her when you buy a membership. And when you do so she will refuse gifts and the friendship with her will become back to 0!
How is that a buff to the Joja route? Right now there are plenty of reasons to do CC instead of Joja, and your suggestion would further encourage that. Still agree on CC being the obvious moral choice.

LRangerR

Local Legend
This is a suggestion i would make. In this scenario there would be no mistake about what you have done. It takes a lot of time to do the joja warehouse thing or whatever, so it too time and stuff for you to destroy abigail, as well as other members of SDV's community. Joja has long been a antagonist of SDV and I think that the theme should be continued into the future, past the fern islands. As in the penalties for going the joja route shouldn't stop at year two, or three, or whatever. They should carry with you for the rest of your game, in the spirit of the original Stardew Valley development.

edited protagonist into antagonist, wuups.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
How is that a buff to the Joja route? Right now there are plenty of reasons to do CC instead of Joja, and your suggestion would further encourage that. Still agree on CC being the obvious moral choice.
Joja is evil, why would you support them?, lol

LordNakko

Greenhorn
Joja is evil, why would you support them?, lol
It's not that "I" would support them, but i might create a character that would. In other RPGs, i sometimes play evil characters (Skyrim Dark Brotherhood for example). Also, as mentioned before, its simply for the sake of completion and experiencing everything the game has to offer. Im fine with Joja having even more drawbacks, but they need some redeeming factors, anything.

Overall, the CC is better and rightly so. With 1.5, Joja got the Auto-Petter, which you are unable to get if you go the CC route. I simply want to expand on that idea.

Ereo

Helper
You can still get them, you just need to
buy them at jobs before you finish the CC or be lucky with skull cavern treasure chests

This is a suggestion i would make. In this scenario there would be no mistake about what you have done. It takes a lot of time to do the joja warehouse thing or whatever, so it too time and stuff for you to destroy abigail, as well as other members of SDV's community. Joja has long been a protaganist of SDV and I think that the theme should be continued into the future, past the fern islands. As in the penalties for going the joja route shouldn't stop at year two, or three, or whatever. They should carry with you for the rest of your game, in the spirit of the original Stardew Valley development.
Huh? I thought the CC was the orginal spirit from the begining!

Cptldsilver

Planter
Think it would be interesting if the seeds were cheaper, but it lowered the quality of the crops. Probably would not be worth the effort to code in though.